Alarm sounding - help needed!

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
I was woken last night by the sound of my alarm :asskicking:but when I checked it, the indicators weren't flashing. I tried unlocking and locking again but it kept sounding. There was no reason (as far as I know) for the alarm to go off. Kept going off every few hours, not for very long roughly about 2-3 minutes...but at 4am I suppose it would annoy the neighbours!

Any info much appreciated...literally losing sleep over it.:lazy:

Had a look through those threads but mine isn't just 4 beeps, it's almost continuous beeping....without the indicators flashing ....like the alarm is sounding.

You need to get it connected to VAG-COM. there is a fault on the alarm system for sure.

nicklght said:
Had a look through those threads but mine isn't just 4 beeps, it's almost continuous beeping....without the indicators flashing ....like the alarm is sounding.

My car started with the 4 beeps, then the alarm would randomly start to go off in the early hours every few hours when the temps outside drop, then I replaced the Siren and all is fixed. Worked for me, so I thought maybe you was having the same problem?

yeah thats what is happening to mine it was a very cold night last night! Do you have any idea how much the siren is and how easy it is to replace?

thanks alot

Hey just ordered my new siren but have no idea where the old 1 is located and how to replace it! Audi quoted me £93 to fit it but im not paying that (im a tight bast*rd)

Any links on here?

Thanks

its in the boot, behind the trim. I believe its on the right as you look into the boot.

A4Quattro said:
its in the boot, behind the trim. I believe its on the right as you look into the boot.

No, it's on the left, you need to remove the trim panel, subwoofer and central locking pump to get to it! Take a few hours if you know how, so plan a day if you don't, and lots of Tea. :beerchug:

Lol i found the central locking pump so is there any wires i shouldnt remove? God if your saying plan a day to do it i can see me taking 2 lol!
any tips jojo?

nicklght said:
Lol i found the central locking pump so is there any wires i shouldnt remove? God if your saying plan a day to do it i can see me taking 2 lol!
any tips jojo?

I'm not sure if you can remove the factory Subwoofer with the trim in place? that would make things easier! I'm running an Andymac Stealth Sub, so I had no choice but to remove the complete panel, and this requires the rear boot trim taken off, left side of rear seat taken out and rear left interior panel before I could get to it, hence the time taken.

Where's Andymac when you need him?

Alright just bought the siren and have got the weekend off to try and fit it but have no idea when it come to mechanics! So are there any pointers on what to do? and what not to do? What to remove and what not to remove?

jojo said:
No, it's on the left, you need to remove the trim panel, subwoofer and central locking pump to get to it! Take a few hours if you know how, so plan a day if you don't, and lots of Tea. :beerchug:

I thought it may be the same as my A4 was, clearly not.

Has it gone off since? Word of warning in general, rarely, some little ***** will be sat in the bushes setting it off every 20 mins or so, so you turn it off then presto he's nicked your seats out the car!

Hey everyone finally had time to fit my new siren today (wasnt going to pay £93 that the local stealer wanted) Think that my neighbours are slightly annoyed with me as its been going off alot recently especailly early morning ish! :sorry:

Got all my tools out and was planning an all day session of trying to fit the siren ( As im useless at anything like this) Took all the panels off(how annoying) to get to the siren which is right at the bottom. Got the siren out and noticed a small pool of water just underneath where the siren is, anyone else had this problem? So i soaked up all the water, and had to make the hole on the bracket bigger for the new siren.

Put it all back together in just over 2 hours!:respekt: Well impresssd with myself, so if anyone is thinking of letting the stealers charge them £93 dont bother if i can do it, anyone can trust me! Oh and it works lol

Would like to say thanks to all the people who posted (Cheers JOJO for the beeps link) and gave me tips on how to do it, you made it so much easier! :rockwoot:

Mate, the pool of water is most likely the pipe for your rear washwipe, it's comes loose or undone somewhere there, and sprays it all over that area, I am just guessing though, so have a look at pipe around there.

Actually my rear windscreen washer doesnt work (No water comes out of it). Couldnt see any pipes around that area that could have come loose, any idea where they would be and what they would look like? Also where would I have to reconnect them?!

Would I have to take the panels off again to get to the pipe or is there an easier method - took me ages to put it back together before! Cheers Jojo, great help yet again....

Nick i had the same problem alarm and no washer working. See the below link, its shows you where the pipe is disconneted
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=20001http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=20001
Make sure you tape up the pipe aswell to make sure it dont come out again.
Yes you have to take the side panel and changer, you might not need to take the sub out.
When i put it all back it still was not working as the jet was blocked, once clean , its was working. If you need further info let me know