Alarm siren

LeeW

Reaction score
I decided to test the alarm by leaving a window open and waiting until the LED's were blinking slowly then leaning in and opening a door. The alarm sounded by a siren which sounds as though its located at the rear. However it wasn't very loud, in fact I doubt it would attract any attention at all!

Is the standard siren rubbish or could mine be faulty? I've heard that on earlier models the alarm sounds the horn and later models use a siren.

I was surprised that the door opened in the first place! I take it the A3 has no deadlocks?

No one takes any notice of a car alarm anyway, so as long as you can hear it when its parked outside is all that matters.

[ QUOTE ]
No one takes any notice of a car alarm anyway, so as long as you can hear it when its parked outside is all that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing when mine went off outside my house one night. I was wondering when the ****** neighbours was gonna do something about their car alarm, and looking outside, only my car had it's blinkers flashing - how embarrassed was I !? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Recently when starting my car, my siren (in the rear) chirps 3-4 times, what could it be causing this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Recently when starting my car, my siren (in the rear) chirps 3-4 times, what could it be causing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to be quite common, take a look at this thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=179664&an=0&page=0#179664

It also answers my question regarding the useless sounding siren /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate, I may get the siren tested, as I I lost one locking wheel nut keys down the side where siren is mounted, so this gives me a reason to have it out.

You have to dismantle half the car to get to the alarm, as it's mounted behind the sub.

I removed the Sub about 6 months ago to have my CD Changer and Sat Nav all mounted in that cubby hole.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif