Alarm Siren Location

Jack-A3

Reaction score
Hi guys. Ive come to the conclusion that my siren needs replacing.I've had the back end of the boot out and removed the left trim panel and can find it!
Can anyone give me any pointers from the picture below as to where it may be!?

Thanks

wi7mv8.jpg

See that bottom bracket for the left side of the sub? The siren hangs off the outer side of that, pointing at that black grill.

You will need to remove the sub to get at it properly.

Cheers,

Well the siren doesnt seem to be there!Ive been listening to the noise and it comes from under the windscreen wipers!Ive removed the trim and its a standard horn!This is slightly confusing me about the 3 beeps im getting when i start the car.

Any other ideas!?

Thanks guys

if your getting three beeps the siren doesn't need replacing your battery does.

Ok mate, right! Thanks very much. Its nice to get to the bottom of the problem.Would this also be a reason for it to cut the immobilsor when i try and start it!?

Thanks

Doubt it will have anything to do with the immobiliser, what makes you think thats stopping you from starting the car??

If yuo do a search on the battery thing, you will find loads of info on it.

2 options really, replace batteries, available from Maplin, or replace whole unit, which is about £80 from Audi.

Its not the siren unit that has lost battery power.Its the car battery. And its stopping my car from starting because i turn the key and the engine doesnt turn over. If i lock it and unlock it, it seems to start fine!

Its quite puzzling!

:wacko: