Alarm light problems !!

nu boy

Reaction score
My A3 1.8T has an alarm malfunction. When I lock with the key fob, the indicator light does not flash and the red door lights do not blink. So there is no indication that the door has been locked. On the other hand when I open the door that's the only time the indicator light flashes.

The siren still works as normal! the problem only occurs when arming the car.

Please help!!
:thumbsup:

cheers mate :respekt:but where is fuse located, anymore suggestions.

Yeah when you lock the car the lock lights should blink at a fast rate for 30 seconds then reduce to a slow blink from then on. VAGCOM will tell you exactly where the fault is, but if you cant get hold of it all I can suggest is to check the motion detectors. Roll down the window, arm the car, wait 30 secs then wave your hand in front of one of the detectors, if the alarm doesn't trigger after a few seconds you've found your problem. repeat on each one if neccessary. It could also be that the batteries in the alarm module are failing, or there could be some kind of voltage draw on the system (eg stereo left on?).

Check all your contacts, eg doors and boot, if they go, the car thinks that contact is open and will not arm the car.