Alarm keeps going off

Adam Caldow

Reaction score
Hello i have a 2011 audi s3, and lately my alarm keeps going off, whenever i lock it about 30 seconds later my alarm will go off then the last 2 nights at 4/5am my alarms gone off does anyone know what’s causing this? seems to be when i double lock my car the alarm goes off

Hello i have a 2011 audi s3, and lately my alarm keeps going off, whenever i lock it about 30 seconds later my alarm will go off then the last 2 nights at 4/5am my alarms gone off does anyone know what’s causing this? seems to be when i double lock my car the alarm goes off
Yea i had this i went the route of think it was my car battery but it wasnt or my door sesnors being faulty thinking the door is open. Turn out under your driverside wheel arch/lining there a small box with security screw or rivetted into the body ****** ni battery inside that has corroded and leaked causing a short, you need to replace that siren module its about 130-160 quid from audi

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Closest thing i can find as i cant find any of the photos i took when i changed mine
d32cb3bf31cdb7b8f282166875c51c41.jpg

Doesn’t a goosed rear wash wipe cause alarm issues.

Have a search on here. I am sure I have read somewhere the leaking motor gets into the boot lock and shorts it out setting the alarm off.

I could be wrong. Worth a google though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t a goosed rear wash wipe cause alarm issues.

Have a search on here. I am sure I have read somewhere the leaking motor gets into the boot lock and shorts it out setting the alarm off.

I could be wrong. Worth a google though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my rear wiper hasn’t worked for a long time so i can’t see it being that?

When I owned a MK5 Golf, my alarm was going off. It was because of the rear boot latch

Have you scanned your car with VCDS, it tells you what modules are setting off the alarm.

The alarm goes off if the car thinks it's being opened, or a wiring short (bonnet lock, boot lock, door lock, wiring). Hell, the alarm can be going off if you have a factory head unit and your battery is dying. I found out that one with my Golf. It's linked into the CANBUS to setoff the Alarm when the battery is low using some of the Head Unit circuitry IIRC.

My guess is bootlock or bonnet lock. Scan your car. I can't remember the module off hand possibly Central-Convenience?

Yea i had this i went the route of think it was my car battery but it wasnt or my door sesnors being faulty thinking the door is open. Turn out under your driverside wheel arch/lining there a small box with security screw or rivetted into the body ****** ni battery inside that has corroded and leaked causing a short, you need to replace that siren module its about 130-160 quid from audi

Great, more rubbish to fix if it happens on mine :/

Thats probably a fuse but id remove the boot panels and check it first if its siezed either replace it or get rid of it completely as another members on the forum had let some water in rusted, siezed and started to smoke almost set the car alight.

When I owned a MK5 Golf, my alarm was going off. It was because of the rear boot latch

Have you scanned your car with VCDS, it tells you what modules are setting off the alarm.

The alarm goes off if the car thinks it's being opened, or a wiring short (bonnet lock, boot lock, door lock, wiring). Hell, the alarm can be going off if you have a factory head unit and your battery is dying. I found out that one with my Golf. It's linked into the CANBUS to setoff the Alarm when the battery is low using some of the Head Unit circuitry IIRC.

My guess is bootlock or bonnet lock. Scan your car. I can't remember the module off hand possibly Central-Convenience?
This is true but when mine was acting up id get no fault whatsoever

This is true but when mine was acting up id get no fault whatsoever

Yeah, I think VCDS didn't actually report a fault, it was just the alarm module recorded them nothing more. I think when the alarm goes off it was a soft fault, but I'd be surprised if it didn't register in the alarm reports. Either way it's embarrassing.

EDIT - Intermittent faults are the ones that are a pain, until there's a "hard" fault and they don't register :(

First time it happened to me I thought someone was stealing my car, then 20 secs later it went off again. Pain in the **** because it used to go off 4 times about 4am in the morning. Every night, once I figured out it was the lock. I ordered one, i was getting sick of hearing it and kept my spare keys next to me so I could switch it off when it inevitably went off

Yeah, I think VCDS didn't actually report a fault, it was just the alarm module recorded them nothing more. I think when the alarm goes off it was a soft fault, but I'd be surprised if it didn't register in the alarm reports. Either way it's embarrassing.

EDIT - Intermittent faults are the ones that are a pain, until there's a "hard" fault and they don't register :(

First time it happened to me I thought someone was stealing my car, then 20 secs later it went off again. Pain in the **** because it used to go off 4 times about 4am in the morning. Every night, once I figured out it was the lock. I ordered one, i was getting sick of hearing it and kept my spare keys next to me so I could switch it off when it inevitably went off
Yea i had just bought my s3 being told it was serviced + dsg service was done
So i bough the car and found that on the first week, then i learned the car had a dodgy map dumping max fuel.and max boost making the car slugish, and spark blqck where charcoal black slend about 1.5k within the first 2 months but still love the car

Yea i had just bought my s3 being told it was serviced + dsg service was done
So i bough the car and found that on the first week, then i learned the car had a dodgy map dumping max fuel.and max boost making the car slugish, and spark blqck where charcoal black slend about 1.5k within the first 2 months but still love the car

VAG based cars are something you really need to commit to. They require constant servicing and work out cheap in the long run. My old VW cost me a total of 16p per mile over the course of 7 years (That included the price of the car, all the fuel, maintenance and repairs). As long as you service them and look after them it pays off.

I have to keep an eye on mine, Tandem pumps seems to be a common thing that goes on the A3 Diesels. Never seemed to affect my golf. I also think mine has been tuned because it seems to pull incredibly hard compared to my Golf with the same engine :/

VAG are expensive, but they just put such a smile on your face <3

Reactions: e9_mustii
This is the most likely reason your alarm goes off, it’s been an Audi/VW trait since 2000. Check for water in the hatch lock mechanism and behind the roof rear quarter trim .

Reactions: e9_mustii