ALARM KEEPS GOING OFF...PLEASE HELP . 8p 2.0 tdi

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
I haven't used my a3 for around 2-3 weeks and the alarm keeps going off,in the center display it saying (displaying) the bootlid to be open but its not ! what can i do ?

I had this fault on mine, kept me awake all night! Problem was the boot lock sensor connection had been eroded and telling the car the boot is open when it was shut, hence alarm kept goin off. This was down to poor audi build on water channels! Strip your boot trim and it will probably be the same fault. I had to change the boot lock and not the wiring luckily.

ok,i hope its the wiring and i can clean it up if not,how much is the boot lock?

I had this fault on mine, kept me awake all night! Problem was the boot lock sensor connection had been eroded and telling the car the boot is open when it was shut, hence alarm kept goin off. This was down to poor audi build on water channels! Strip your boot trim and it will probably be the same fault. I had to change the boot lock and not the wiring luckily.

Had exactly the same with the mrs A3, the plug that goes to the microswitch was soaking wet, this is the switch which tells the car if the boots open or shut!

Had exactly the same with the mrs A3, the plug that goes to the microswitch was soaking wet, this is the switch which tells the car if the boots open or shut!
did you do a fix/clen up or replace lock?........hope lock not tooooooooo dear!

lock it with the key and then the alarm is not on , at least until you get it sorted , stick a crook lock on if you have one , if you don't .. YOU SHOULD !

this happened to me mate and it was my wiper motor leaking if you take the boot panel off and when you boot lid is up you will see it leak

ive took boot panel and boot lock and found it bone dry ,only 1 plug with 3 wires going to the lock and no sign of corrosion?

perhaps just the cold freezing soem things up, i couldnt get my petrol cap to shut teh other day, applied a little heat and it worked fine again, failin that judging by the time youve left it, maybe low charge in the batt, go take it for a long drive then try again

i was thinking of that too cleaned up took lock off wd 40 sprayed everywhere and the connections and put it back,i did work once as i locked the doors the hazards flashed giving the ok indication but then unlcked then tried again and no flashing lights ! indicating somethings open!

DOH! THE BATTERY IS DEAD.....on quick charge for 2-3 hours now.

Last edited: