Alarm keeps going off, boot issue?

Granta

Reaction score
So after a day of treating my car to a map it only returns the favour by playing up!!
This morning i got in it and started it and on the centre display it was showing up that the boot, was open, which is strange i thought because i did not open the boot this morning any ways went to work and parked the car up. after work, on the way home it told me the boot was open again which i had not opened again! so i stopped and made sure it was shut, which it was! after getting home and parking up half an hour later my neighbour text me to say the alarm was going off so i went to it and checked everything was shut etc and armed it again and 10 minutes later another neighbour came and told me it was going off. so i have had to leave it unlocked tonight :(

going to get it scanned tomorrow but sounds like boot lock to me? anybody else had anything similar?

think this is the result from the rear wash pipe and rear wiper failing that causes a leak onto the boot lock area , have read a few posts about it , quite common fault I think

robbed this from a post might help

[Jun 16, 2014]
This normally happens when the rear wiper is is blocked and people keep pressing the rear screen clean,water then forces it way out of the motor and on to the tailgate micro switch which is in the catch from memory,if you take off the interior rear trim it might have water all over the inside of the tailgate as this happens a lot in winter when the rear wiper blocks/freezes up and happens on most of the vag range.

If it doesn't go inside the tailgate the washer pipe can also blow itself apart on the connector inside the rubber boot between the tailgate and roof panel and when this happens water normally wets through the car such as roof lining and drivers side 'C' pillar trim,then down at the side of the rear seat and seat base.

Last edited:
cheers i will pull off the trim and have a look. rear screen wash does work, as i used it yesterday but doesn't mean its not leaking i suppose

In all my paperwork from the previous owner i have a receipt saying investigate alarm going off, traced to leaking rear wiper in locking mechanism.

Hope you manage to sort it :)

Yep it will be the rear wiper leaking mine did the same just need a new wiper motor

you guys were spot on, thanks!
the plug on the lock was all corroded, so being saturday afternoon i could not order anything, i cleaned the plug and lock up, and its been fine, used the rear screen wash and it does leak out, a lot!
i put a rubber o ring around the tube for the screen wash and will see how it goes, but main thing is no alarm going off!!

Reactions: S3DUST
cool , at least you have found the cause , nothing worse than not being able to find anything wrong