Alarm keeps activating?

J10NMM

Reaction score
So the car can be parked at work all day without any issues, parked on the drive over night and usually once or twice the alarm goes off.. nothing on the cctv to explain it. Sunday just gone 3 times it went off without any explanation.

Anyone had similar?

Battery health is at 69%

Think th ebattery may be your problem. The A6 is very sensitive to battry condition and at 69% yours is clearly not at peak condition

I would get is scanned for fault codes, there are a number of possible triggers, from the internal sensors to bonnet, boot, door switches.

At 69%, I wouldn't necessarily blame the battery at this stage :hi:

I would get is scanned for fault codes, there are a number of possible triggers, from the internal sensors to bonnet, boot, door switches.

At 69%, I wouldn't necessarily blame the battery at this stage :hi:
full scan with no issues found

full scan with no issues found
I had the exact same issue with my A6, turned out to be my wireless carplay adapter waking the MMI system when the car was locked. Unplugged it and it's not done it since.

so after a year it's done it again, this last week around 2am everyday the alarm activates and wakes the street :welcoming:

Battery currently sitting at 12.7V with no fault codes.

The only thing I have plugged in is the Audi wireless data plug

:grey:

The actual alarm sounder has an internal NiCad battery. Not unknown for those to corrode and cause random activations.
May be worth pulling the unit and having a look. I **think** it’s possible to replace the NiCad’s. Audi will try and sell you the complete sounder unit.

Reactions: J10NMM
The actual alarm sounder has an internal NiCad battery. Not unknown for those to corrode and cause random activations.
May be worth pulling the unit and having a look. I **think** it’s possible to replace the NiCad’s. Audi will try and sell you the complete sounder unit.
I'll take a look this weekend and let you know

Reactions: RAF_S7
Codes read again today and they seem to point to a communications error.