Alarm horn h12 fault

pato89

Reaction score
Guys can somebody help me with a3 2010 sportback and coding to get horn when locking/unlocking car, one notice i dont have alarm in my car so is it possible to code the car to use standard car horn when lock/unlock with keyfob...
Somebody tried already to code and i get even that option in dis but it doesnt work...
I am getting fault in vcds and carista alarm horn h12 01134 but i dont have alarm in car...
Any info ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Anybody ?

Your car would normally have a factory alarm build in which will be classed as antitheft alarm .
Now if you want to lock / unlock and have your indicators flash mirrors and headlights try rhis link ( https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/activating-alarm-beep-by-vagcom.73485/ ) it wont be in the module 46 but have a look there as well as Module 09 as these were migrated as one in later models which i think started on the 2010 models , but stand corrected if some can tell me better.
I dont see you having a problem with the modules that allow this function as your car should have . Get an autoscan done PM me and i can compare my modules to yours as i have a 2010 model but 3dr if that helps.
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01134

I am preety sure i dont have alarm installed...
I already have blinking indicators when locking/unlocking...
My question is a3 2010 possible to code to use standard car horn(not alarm horn) when locking/unlocking..
And i am confused why am i getting fault for alarm horn h12 when i dont have one..

I am preety sure i dont have alarm installed...
I already have blinking indicators when locking/unlocking...
My question is a3 2010 possible to code to use standard car horn(not alarm horn) when locking/unlocking..
And i am confused why am i getting fault for alarm horn h12 when i dont have one..

Try given your car a good rocking once you come out off it and see if you hear an alarm if you do tgen its the antitheft factory fitted other than that like you i am lost . Did you read the rosstech as it explains why you would have this fault , might be an old fault thats not been cleared so clear the code and scan later to see if fault is still there.
Check this out ( https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/alarm-horn.361473/ )
If no good in google type ( audi-sport.net/h12fault) if you use thst link and after slash your query it will direct you to posts on subject fill your boots

Last edited:
You’ll have an alarm but you’ll have a common issue that is a faulty alarm siren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have alarm 100% cause i dont even have two buttons in drivers door ...
I dont even have fuse installed in f17,i think that somebody coded alarm installed option so i can get horn notification when lock/unlock...
Can somebody just say is it possible to code this car a3 2010 to use standard car horn for beep when unlock/lock...