alarm help

Adam-D

Reaction score
half 2 this mornin the alarm went off :mad:

so went out, turned it off checked car over, didnt see anyone or any marks.

it has just gone off again :(

so, any reasons why it would go off randomly? temp last night dropped sharply.
i think ive turned off the interior sensors now, as there may be a spider in there,

all windows and doors were shut properly.
im out of ideas now to why it has gone off twice.

If you stick vagcom on it and scan the alarm module it will tell you what triggered it.

Only thing is if its not been cleared for a while there may be other ancient things logged in there from years ago. If thats the case clear it and see if it goes off again, then have a look and see what triggered it :)

i doubt it has been cleard ever,
and it has gone off due to me not closing the boot properly and leaving the windows open.

need someone with vagcom now.

Mine used to do it when the temp changes sharpley, "triggered by interior sensor rear left", iirc

Since i updated the interior and used the new sensors she has been quiet

Could well be the start of the end of your siren module - located in the o/s rear quarter. The batteries start to fail and there is nothing really you can do as its a sealed unit, I got mine from a stealers about £75 ish. I dont know if there are any cheaper ebay items?
The only way to turn it off is to lock the doors manually and not to press the arm button
Cheers
Michael

adams car is a pre facelift, doesnt have the battery siren just a two wire alarm horn

Also the alarm arms on the key on our car so locking it with the key wouldnt help?

The batteries in the siern are replaceable if that was the problem, but i doubt it is as old_skool pointed out.