Alarm Going Off On Its Own....

WOLF

Reaction score
My avants alarm has just started randomly going off on its own when its locked,when I press open on the remote it doesn't stop it everytime and keeps beeping.the beep is coming from the rear right side behind the trim near the speaker.......Any ideas why?

Ive checked the 2 buttons in the door pad pocket but could it be anything to do with the wife hoovering it out today?

Last edited:
Battries have failed. U can unplug the alarm from behind the sub,if u can get to it.
And you can check,change the battries over.
Theres a "how to" i think, or its covered in the forum.

Battries have failed. U can unplug the alarm from behind the sub,if u can get to it.
And you can check,change the battries over.
Theres a "how to" i think, or its covered in the forum.
Cheers mate.
just done a quick search but appears the batteries in there are now not available anymore,i'll look into it;)

there is a mod you can do to it so it accepts batteries from maplins. do a search on that. mine failed a while back and I took it out to do the mod but haven't got around to it yet.

Before you go pulling the thing apart, tighten the vehicle battery terminals. Worked for me.

And as quick as it started going off randomly its now stopped,was dreading going to bed but al night there ws no 'beeping'!
I'll keep my fingers crossed:)

Think ur find this wont be the end of it im affraid. Well it was the same issues for me,mentioned above.

Exact same thing happened to mine, i disconnected the main car battery and reconnected, havent had an issue with it since( about 2 months)

Well as suggested the alarms going off again,,from 1am this morning:mad: it kept me and two neighbours awake:sob:
Im going to buy a second hand one and keep my fingers crossed.Does anyone know the part number for a replacement??

Before you go pulling the thing apart, tighten the vehicle battery terminals. Worked for me.
The same worked for me a while back, I removed the leads, put them back on and tightened them up no probs since

Removed the siren today and just ordered a replacement.I cut open the old siren just out of curiosity,the batteries inside are ridiculous!
Ive never seen batteries like themo_O

Hopefully the replacement will cure the problem:thumbs up:

Got my replacement siren today.

Just a thought though,can the original sirens be changed for any other sirens from the other vag cars..?

New siren fitted all sorted.Easy enough to get to and took 20 minutes to fit.
I cut open the old one just to have a look,printed circuit abit corroded. the batteries are like something ive never seen before....crazy!