Alarm glass break & tilt sensor

Marc A

Marc A
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been answered, just wanted to see if this comes included as part of the factory alarm in the 2017 B9?

Been receiving mixed messages, dealer cant give me a straight answer either.

Thanks!

Check the car spec list, they can do a comprehensive list of options fitted, I know my Audi guys do.

Check the car spec list, they can do a comprehensive list of options fitted, I know my Audi guys do.

The options list and spec list on MyAudi app doesn't mention the alarm, nor does the spec print out that the guy at Audi gave to me. Also typical, the guy at Audi has never heard of a tilt sensor.

Banging on the windows didn't set off anything, so I presume there is no shock sensor and I dont have jack to test the tilt sensor.

I know it has an alarm as it has a red blinking light, the question now is how to find out exactly what sensors it has...

The options list and spec list on MyAudi app doesn't mention the alarm, nor does the spec print out that the guy at Audi gave to me. Also typical, the guy at Audi has never heard of a tilt sensor.

Banging on the windows didn't set off anything, so I presume there is no shock sensor and I dont have jack to test the tilt sensor.

I know it has an alarm as it has a red blinking light, the question now is how to find out exactly what sensors it has...
Did you not read the link I provided?

'A Thatcham Category 1 alarm will feature perimeter and ignition detection, and incorporate movement, glass break and/or tilt sensors. There’ll also be a siren powered by its own battery supply that will sound if your car gets broken into.'

I did buddy, thanks. But I'd love if there was a way of getting the full factory alarm spec for the model - dealer seems to be useless.

What does the car manual say ? Extract here from 2020 user manual (don’t have the 2017 to hand )..
Not hugely descriptive though could interpret as break-in covers glass being compromised , and the tilt covered by the vehicle angle statement ...

Break-in security feature
The alarm will sound if there is a break-in at the doors, hood, and/or luggage compartment lid.
Interior/towing protection monitor
The alarm will be triggered if there are move- ments detected in the vehicle interior (for exam- ple, by animals) or if there is a change in the vehi- cle angle (for example, when the vehicle is being
towed).

Cheers guys - Alex @ VAG car coding has just confirmed that I have the sensors as standard.

@Nham68 - My manual just says "If the anti-theft alarm system detects a vehicle break-in, audio and visual warning signals are triggered". Guess you are right, Cat 1 must be SOP on these cars that they don't even bother to write it anymore. My main concern came when I saw a video of someone retrofitting a shock/tilt sensor to a B8 so presumed they may not come as standard.