Alarm fault S3 8P

davsin

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a problem with my S3 2007, the alarm keeps resetting evert two minutes or so, the red light comes on solid for 30 seconds or so then starts to strobe, after 20 seconsd or so it goes solid again flashes the indicators like its resetting and the process starts over again. I think its the alarm control unit as the alarm horn doesn't work but I was wondering if the internal battery had corroded could that it itself cause the alarm to keep going through the reset process.
Also the small red light on the key fob keeps pulsing, I tried to unset the alarm and its like im locked out of the car then it lets me in. If I try and leave the car unlocked after I start the engine and stop the car will re lock on the central locking.
IF I get a alarm control unit and fit it to the car will I need it coded to the car and My nearest VAGCOM is 100 miles away so not as easy to get it checked.

Please help

Alarm siren probably faulty, but you need diagnostics tbh to determine whats causing or its like peeing in the wind.

Siren doesn't need coding, straight swap, however its buried behind the drivers wing, bit of a faff to swap out.

I'd do the siren 1st then see where you're at.

Reactions: davsin