Alarm/Door connector wiring diagram?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject does anyone know where I can find a Alarm/Door connector wiring diagram for 1998 A3 T Sport?

I am trying to work out which wire controls the flashing LED door pins as I want to run something else off it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sorry cant help, I checked the price of wiring diagrams off of Erwin and said no way, toooo dear.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've got one. I'll post it up later for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool I thought someone would be able to help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Here's the diagram. Its in landscape mode as it fit the PDF better. You can rotate it with ya viewer to read if you like.

Anyways, the door LEDs are items M27 and M28 in diagram 36/5.
If you follow the brown/red wire to diagram 36/4, you will see that they are controlled by the ultrasonic sensor control unit J347.

Hope that helps ya.

Hmm, can't seem to add the attachment. Has this function been disabled since the new forum went up??

I can upload it to my webspace in the morning if this is the case.

Cheers mate. At work until 7 tonight so I am sure I'll see it latter.

Where is the alarm for starters? Never looked LOL

ElsaWin, but we can't talk about it.

They are in the same style as Haynes wiring diagrams so they have an easy layout. If you have any questions, then just ask.

[ QUOTE ]
ElsaWin, but we can't talk about it.

They are in the same style as Haynes wiring diagrams so they have an easy layout. If you have any questions, then just ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok just looking at the diagram.

And I take it that M27+28 are items I am after? And that they are Red and Brown?

Next big question where is the alarm unit located? And how do I go about finding the correct wires?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What are you attempting to wire up if you don't mind me asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't laugh, but I've got a Clifford alarm light that I want to wire in. As I've already got the Clifford stickers. Will act as a good deterant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So are you planning to pull out the audi items an replace them with the clifford ones.

Should be a straight swap.

[/ QUOTE ]

No

I want to just run the clifford alarm light off the existing system. Therefore it will look like a clifford and Audi system are installed and hopefully put off any potential theifs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Okay, that sounds good.

You would need to run the clifford led off the existing ones anyway as the clifford led's don't have a flasher built in like some other alarms.

When you add 12v to them they stay on.

So all you need to do is wire the purple wire from the clifford LED to permanent live and then tap into the brown/red wire for the existing led and wire it to the black of the new led.

A clever person may spot that the clifford led will be flashing in sequence with the doors, but most won't notice.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, that sounds good.

You would need to run the clifford led off the existing ones anyway as the clifford led's don't have a flasher built in like some other alarms.

When you add 12v to them they stay on.

So all you need to do is wire the purple wire from the clifford LED to permanent live and then tap into the brown/red wire for the existing led and wire it to the black of the new led.

A clever person may spot that the clifford led will be flashing in sequence with the doors, but most won't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that.

Yeah I realise that it doesn't flash that's why I've been after the wiring diagram to tap into the LEDs

OK someone may work that out, but I like the idea of it being an extra deterant.

Mark, it tells you which wire it is in the diagram I post for you.

Just incase you don't understand the legend, if you look at the diagram for item "M27", follow the br/ro wire (brown/red) down to the juction labelled "T10d/10".

Then look at the key on the left. It tells you that T10d is the 10 pin brown connector located a the a pillar (which you have correctly found).

Now, the "/10" part in the diagram means that it is pin number 10.

Here's a pic anyways.
doorwiring03.jpg

Further more, if you want to be 100% sure then get a lest light or multimeter on pin 10. You will see an intermittent -12v indicated when the doors are locked.

Cheers for that HTC I think I should have checked the diagram before posting again.

Thanks for your help though. I'll have a go tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif