Alarm adaption coding

Gmac

Reaction score
Morning all..

Im trying to figure out how to use vcds to adapt the alarm horn so that it 'beeps' when i lock the car. I've searched on roos-tech without success and also on here.

Had a play about on vcds too but to no avail.

I fixed the alarm siren just the other day and i know it is now working, which was very satisfying!!.

Any pointers would be great, cheers!

Reactions: Flacidmonkey
Cheers Sharkie, I'll go and give that a go. I was trying from central locking instead of central conv.

Morning all..

Im trying to figure out how to use vcds to adapt the alarm horn so that it 'beeps' when i lock the car. I've searched on roos-tech without success and also on here.

Had a play about on vcds too but to no avail.

I fixed the alarm siren just the other day and i know it is now working, which was very satisfying!!.

Any pointers would be great, cheers!

Hi mate, I've noticed that my alarm siren doesn't work either, how did you go about diagnosing/fixing yours?

Reactions: SamHendry
Hi there, diagnosis...the alarm siren starts to beep at you when you unlock (i think?) the car to let you know that the batteries are on their way out! And also had a fault code on a vcds scan for the alarm siren/horn.

Fix wise, there are a few thngs if you search but i got mine from another audi forum..audiaddict.net

http://audiaddict.net/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=770 It's for a b5 but works for the s3 too.

Reactions: SamHendry
Bumping this up as the link by sharky goes to briskoda, and the controller 46 cent. conv. isn't one that the S3 has, or is it maybe that mine isn't working, which would be strange?

anyway... how do you change things for the alarm to chirp when you lock the doors? cheers!

Success!!! google linked me to an 8p thread where someone kindly replied telling him how to do it for an 8l before realising the guy was asking for an 8p!

Anyway... here is how..

vcds, go to controller cent. lock. then open 'coding' block. My number was 15178, write this down, incase thingsgo wrong. then add 1024 to this number ie 16202.. then click 'do it!' and thats it!
The alarm horn now gives a wee beep when you lock the car. No beep when unlocking.

Cheers. hopefully this helps some

you can also set it to auto lock if you don't have that already, cant remember what to add though.