Al Murray Pub Landlord

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Anyone seen this guy? He used to have a sitcom on Sky... which was pure crap but his stand up and chat show (I think its on ITV) is pure jokes!

Good old fashioned British humour
58.jpg

I loved the sitcom. It was great after pub entertainment or maybe it just seemed good because we were watching it after the pub and a few pints of Stella:icon_thumright:

I used to like sitcom agree not the funniest but still worth a watch, would like to see live reckon would be a bit the same (one liners,punchlines etc ) he can do wicked sound effects too, dvds worth a watch. Going off on tangent(uh oh)
but going to see Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Carr end of this month!! looking forward to it.

He's pure class, the 2 live gigs he did were on Paramount Comedy a while back. Despite the Pub Landlord character Al Murray is a really well spoken intelligent comic and some of the improvisation when talking to the audience is genius.
I still love the "Time Gentlemen Please" (currently being repeated again on UK G2 I think), and the student barmaid (Emma Pierson) is pure horn.

I dont really like him much but I like him because he asks his guests to perform a Queen song every week...loved the one Madness did:rockwoot:

Unfortunately the chat show series ended last week (repeated tonight I think), but he did have the remaining 2 members of Queen performing as a finale, which was class.

The chat show he did was brillaint, missed most of them though.

The one with donny osmond and the guy who plays captain jack from Torchwod was hilarious.

"Time Gentlemen Please" yep that was the one, couldnt stand that show...

HOUCH said:
Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Carr

both overrated as stand up guys imo....
Jimmy Carr is seriously overrated as a stand up comedian.

"both overrated as stand up guys imo....
Jimmy Carr is seriously overrated as a stand up comedian."

Have to agree with you there, very average, no idea how he got so popular. Gervais just gives me the creeps.

Oh well worth going to see if only to see if he gets frosty reception from locals about that prostitute gag he made.

Al Murray is so funny it hurts sometimes. Have to agree the Donny Osmond 1 was quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen!...

Bill Bailey is the man! :respekt:he is sooooo funny and his musical talent is just amazing! Dylan Moran is hilarious too:respekt:

:yes::salute::cool:

I liked the second barmaid in Time gentlemen please I would have banged her big time as " IM CHEEEKY ME "

Yes mate, watched it for the full 4 hours.

Well appreciated after my heavy weekend. :)

My god are Bernard Manning & Mike Reid the biggest "comedy" ******* on the planet or what?

Bernard Manning was just an arrogant old racist, not funny at all.

Roy Chubby Brown on the other hand actually seemed quite normal!

Jim Davison was a bit of a **** as well.....

Really liked time gentleman please, the fact hunt quiz machine & al murray wanting to be king bar steward was class

even taking the p!ss out of aussie bar staff - it's IIIIIIINNNNSTIIIIIIINCT