Akrapovic exhaust

Dandanfings

Reaction score
Well if they won't build it.....

I will just have to build my own!
Using 92mm tips which now thinking about it I should of used 100mm

Reactions: The Challinor and EddBrz
full custom exhaust now?

nah stock exhaust in my opinion sounds great, so i will unplug the valves and leave it be with the downpipe.... with these tips.
Once i locate my old Titanium supplier in China i might look at building a lightweight stockish sounding system :)

nah stock exhaust in my opinion sounds great, so i will unplug the valves and leave it be with the downpipe.... with these tips.
Once i locate my old Titanium supplier in China i might look at building a lightweight stockish sounding system :)
do you get actual pops and bangs with that downpipe or just the fart sound?

do you get actual pops and bangs with that downpipe or just the fart sound?
Just the fart on gear change.
I really wanted the pops and bangs like the a45 so I experimented by removing the resonator and all that did was made it sound like **** and lightened my wallet by £350 all in!

The pops and bangs is in the fuel map, so if apr or someone would like to update their remaps with that wonderful sound when you left off the throttle I'm pretty sure it would be extremely popular!

Reactions: EddBrz
Just the fart on gear change.
I really wanted the pops and bangs like the a45 so I experimented by removing the resonator and all that did was made it sound like **** and lightened my wallet by £350 all in!

The pops and bangs is in the fuel map, so if apr or someone would like to update their remaps with that wonderful sound when you left off the throttle I'm pretty sure it would be extremely popular!
haha yeh probably, I get them from just a milltek catback quite a few times although not that loud and mine is a manual, would love to hear the full system maybe decat... but thats for another day i guess

those tips look nice , that's and good idea changing the pipes as my car has 600r induction and miltek down pipe with decat and it sounds awesome

Chopping out the resonator will change the sound of the exhaust, most probably make it sound like every other 2.0 4cyl turbo out there. The back box is responsible for the volume.

I bet the upshift noise sounds great with a decat downpipe!

Chopping out the resonator will change the sound of the exhaust, most probably make it sound like every other 2.0 4cyl turbo out there. The back box is responsible for the volume.

nope it isnt!!!!!!!!
please do not remove the resonator, the backbox is overwhelmed by the increased flow and sounds like a rattly old nova with a hole in the exhaust!.
Leave the stock resonator and install just a back box or better yet just a downpipe and leave the stock system on!

nope it isnt!!!!!!!!
please do not remove the resonator, the backbox is overwhelmed by the increased flow and sounds like a rattly old nova with a hole in the exhaust!.
Leave the stock resonator and install just a back box or better yet just a downpipe and leave the stock system on!
or even better replace the whole lot

I still have this exhaust system by the way!
Jokers on eBay offering silly money, so I'm keeping it as a decoration in the living room and happy to keep it that way.

Reactions: Fiddie and batch
I just got some to fit onto my MTM system complete with active throttle valve.

Attachments

• IMG_2825.JPG
    IMG_2825.JPG
    588.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2828.JPG
    IMG_2828.JPG
    775.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: MikeParkin
Cost £154 inc delivery! Got them off EBay can't remember the name of company other than that they were based in France. Seen some China ones but they might be fakes.

Those are fakes too I'm afraid.. Real Akrapovic carbon/titanium tips cost like US$1K upwards... The thickness, logo and the raw edges on those are dead give away.. Those go for like GBP20-30/tip and available in any custom diameter...

For comparison...
15174771337 a0f96dda8e b

Reactions: Daytonapig