AKE 2.5 tdi fault code 550

samiam

Reaction score
My allroad has a nasty hesitation. 2.5tdi ake engine. 200k. The fault code that keeps coming back is 550 'start of injection regulation, value above upper control limit'
This points to a fault in the injection pump, but I replaced that new about 20k ago, a suggestion is the needle lift sensor (part of injector #3)
Has anyone played this game before?

Who adjusted the timing ? Usually the pump timing slips a little or the belt stretches so it goes out of the optimal timing window... Where abouts are you based ?

Hi adamss24, can I ask you a question about injection timing? I have VAGCOM and can check my timing on my AKE engine no problem, but if I want to adjust it can this be done without putting the front of the car in the service position? Thanks in advance,
Angus
Who adjusted the timing ? Usually the pump timing slips a little or the belt stretches so it goes out of the optimal timing window... Where abouts are you based ?

Hi mate, if you have vag com, select engine -> measuring blocks 04 -> switch to Basic Settings -> TDI Timing, then select the last engine from the drop down box (AFB/AKN/AKE/BAU/BDG/AYM,etc.) and see where the plotted line is. The coolant needs to be at 80 Celsius with the engine at iddle. If it's too retarded then slacken the 3 bolts from the right hand side sprocket and carefully turn the pump clockwise a few mm ! Then start the engine again and repeat the steps above to get the plotted line just above the middle line, close to the top line. Small adjustments make big difference !

Reactions: milestierney