Ajs Avant

Not yet mate, They're tucked away safe in the garage. Just been so busy at work due to the weather and pottering with the coupe, soon tho!!

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Managed to get the headlights swapped over today, fairly easy job to do. My bumper adjusters have finally bit the dust so I just played with the alignment myself. Once I get hold of the new adjusters I'll get the bumper sitting properly then get the lights aligned properly. Quite happy with them, the output is definitely streets ahead of the halogens!! To the untrained eye the car looks much the same as when I had the Laminex on the old lights so very happy with that aspect.

Laminex'd halogens

Bixenons

Reactions: Marc B7, James.c, t8ups and 6 others
looking spot on now chap, you must be nearly all done now with this project now.

that front end is stunning!
Best B7 avant on here

Boy is that one gorgeous looking front end! The combo of blacked out grills and smoked tail lights look incredible. Glad you went for the gloss finish and not Matt !!

Boy is that one gorgeous looking front end! The combo of blacked out grills and smoked tail lights look incredible. Glad you went for the gloss finish and not Matt !!
This is carbon mate not black gloss :) if you read a bit carefully on here you will see that grill surround and number plate holder are from Carbon ;)

Even the Plate and Grlll surround are from CF ?

Wow! In which case I take a bow.

Anyways..awesome as usual AJ.

Such a nice job, top work. Well jel of your headlights

Just found this.... Having just purchased a B7 V6 Quattro Avant this has just amazed me.

So much work - hats off mate it's stunning

@ajax1976 when you removed the exterior c-pillar triangle, did you have to remove the whole window frame? I had the door card off to have a look at it, but stopped when realised it was going to be more of a pain than I originally hoped.

Think I'll have to do what you did and source a second hand set and paint them while they're off and do a straight swap.

Cheers

I didn't actually remove it mate, just slackened it and raised it enough to get to the bolt that holds the triangle on. It's not a difficult job, just takes some time.

Reactions: Sam reid
Awesome work buddy, loving the attention to detail!

I believe I have your old brake setup now.

How easy was the RS4 fog light grill mod for the DTM bumper? I miss having them on mine so would be keen to refit them.

Thanks mate!!

Wow they've done a few miles down the country the then!! Did you get them from Chris?

It wasn't too bad tbh, cutting the grills then refitting was fairly easy. Fitting the actual lights to the bumper whilst keeping them straight so they lined up with the holes in grills was quite tricky tho.

haha, yes from Chris.

I maybe have to give the grills a try then. I miss having the coming home lights and the constant warning lights and beeping when I start the car is getting annoying now. Im sure I could deactivate this using vagcom but I would rather have the lights back in.

Do you go to any shows? Would be great to see this in the flesh.

Also, what brake setup are you running on the rear?

Not updated this in a while as I haven't really done that much, treated to a polish and a full service last week.

I had been fancying a change so was toying with the idea of selling but when all cleaned up she still looks great.

Reactions: Arnie2007, DrStrange, Stanningtonglen and 5 others
probably the best example around sir, and very hard to improve on perfection.

Love the headlights! Mine are in a box in the garage waiting to go on.

I see a land rover in some photos, are you a lineman?

This will be my inspiration. As a newbie here this is the first thread I've really had a good look at and I have to say it is stunning. My avant will be getting a subtle slap with the lowering stick as soon as possible.

yep that avant is excellent, and he's spent a lot of time and hard work on it , results can be seen as top quality.

I see a land rover in some photos, are you a lineman?

I am indeed, 22 years with ScottishPower although for the last few years I've been a technical craftsman so only on the lines about 50% of my time now.
Are you in the power industry Marc?

Reactions: Marc B7
Last edited:
Hi Ajax , i read all the thread and i want to say that this is my favorite B7 , magnificent work and details ! Good job!

I have a few things to ask and I would apreciate a lot if you could help me a little . I have an 2005 2.0 TFSI Avant and I found some RS6 wheels for it but somehow i can't find any info about the maximum specs that the B7 allows . They are 9.5x20 ET 36 will they fit? I saw you have had a few sets of wheels and I'm sure that you know what would fit and what not . Thank you

Rear DTM bumper is still available if you are interested