1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ajax1976

ajax1976 Well-Known Member

After a brief stint in a 3 series tourer decided it was time to get myself back into an Audi, no way I was doing another winter in a rwd car!! Had an A4 B7 avant a couple years ago that I got slightly carried away with modifications, it was a great car but could do with something larger than an A4 now. The hunt began for an A6 and started looking at allroads, more of them I saw the more I liked them. Eventually found one in Belfast that ticked every box and had everything I was looking for so took a flight over to Scotland to pick it up. First impressions, awesome car!! Streets ahead of the BM in refinement and the driving experience, If I'm honest I'm actually quite shocked at how good a car it is. 272bhp is more than ample for me and still got 50mpg on the journey home with a good mix of different conditions, over the moon with it.

Quick couple of snaps on the way to the ferry,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some of my other Audi, Coupe quattro with 4.2 V8 from an S8. It's almost finished, just really needs mapping and it'll be good to use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RS4B5, B5NUT and THQuattro like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Very nice allroad but the coupe is wicked mate thats going to be mental mate, good work did you do it yourself.

4. ajax1976

Thanks mate, Yeah all done at home, outside by myself except the respray. Just short of 3 yrs work, full rebuild. Thought I'd finished it 18mths ago but the original 2.8 motor was chronic so ripped it out and went for the V8.

5. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

Allroad looks superb. Is that Tornado grey?

6. ajax1976

Thanks mate. Yip, tornado grey

7. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

Nice c7 Is this your first engine swap?

8. ajax1976

Yes, First and it will be my last!!

RS4B5 likes this.
  9. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

Mine too but it’s just a saloon. That colour is rare in Ireland and I didn’t see many advertised on Uk sites when I was looking.

Daytona grey was my initial choice but I think the Tornado grey was the best now that I have it.

10. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

I know that pain too well don't let it put you off for future projects