AJL mapping options

endaloo

Reaction score
As it stands i have little to no information on what the situation is with these engines.

I went into it expecting it to be like any other 20vt ive owned but so far ive been nothing but bewildered.

OTHER THAN an me7.5 conversion, what are the options for getting these cars in a state they can be mapped? I.e who is doing them, what needs to be done etc

Thanks!

Standard ECU needs a chip socket and mapped chip to enable it to be mapped.

there are some lads running AGU ecu’s but most people opted for the ME7.5 conversion as you will get more out of your tune with it being wideband.

id ditch the ICM to in favour of 4 pin coils either being 2.0TFSI push downs with toureg adaptors or Hitachi E type bolt down coils. The ignition system on these ain’t great and the later coils are cheaper and more readily available.

I’ll try find the thread for the ME7.5 and tag you.

Reactions: NHN

there are some lads running AGU ecu’s but most people opted for the ME7.5 conversion as you will get more out of your tune with it being wideband.

id ditch the ICM to in favour of 4 pin coils either being 2.0TFSI push downs with toureg adaptors or Hitachi E type bolt down coils. The ignition system on these ain’t great and the later coils are cheaper and more readily available.

I’ll try find the thread for the ME7.5 and tag you.
Without sounding like an idiot, but whats ICM?

And are the tfsi coils plug and play?

I’ll try find the thread for the ME7.5 and tag

That's knowledge ;)

Without sounding like an idiot, but whats ICM?

And are the tfsi coils plug and play?
ICM = Ignition control module

it sits on top of the airbox with a 4 pin and 5 pin connection either side, they aren’t plug and play unless you run aftermarket adapters but they look untidy so on my old B5 i opted for using the MK4 platform 1.8T repair harness and pulled the wires from the ICM upto the back of the valve cover and then used a male and female block connector and assigned the pins accordingly.

That's knowledge ;)
I still know a bit about the good old B5’s, still learning about the B7 TFSI platform after 4 years, wish i had my B5 still

72C41A62 310E 4522 B60D D566F8D98AE4

8DDE7761 38D7 4B14 BC9C 5BD267C0D18E

Those images really helped when i did mine

Reactions: mojocvh
I'm stuck in same boat, AJL too.
I've heard about the AGU ecu swap but also about Maxx standalone ones.

I've called the major ecu business in Ireland but none can, or want to take it on.

So I'm looking to the UK now for some sort of resolution

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There’s a plug and play ecu available from badger 5 that can be mapped by him

So Badger 5 still have a plug and play ECU and map available for AJL?

So Badger 5 still have a plug and play ECU and map available for AJL?
They do, it's an EMU black ecu and harness adaptor. Should be able to get anyone worth their salt or half familiar with these ECUs to map them :)

Reactions: Gops
They do, it's an EMU black ecu and harness adaptor. Should be able to get anyone worth their salt or half familiar with these ECUs to map them :)

I'm glad I read this, I'd almost given up completely looking for software etc for AJL and was going to get a stand alone unit.
Thankyou.

Reactions: craigt1985