AJL engine wanted

bigdave242

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm looking for an AJL engine preferably as close to Ayrshire Scotland as poss has anyone got one or know of any thanks

You could also use AEB with it too I think. First ones (if not all AEB engines) had K03-005 turbo, AJL is with K03-029. I guess you knew this already, but AFAIK they're 99,99999% despite the motor code.
Turbo makes the 0,000001% difference. :D

I knew one of the engines were the same but just couldn't remember what one it was lol got an AGU engine the other night as I got told this would fit and as long as I used my head and turbo would be all good that will teach me to listen to the guy that's sellin it in future lol

yeh AGU uses 06A block, somewhat different to the A4 058 block as its mounted the other way round.

Stick to AEB or AJL.

Reactions: bigdave242
I could claim that my cars have -029. Gotta check this. As from Audi it's the 132kW aka 180hp turbo aka AJL's original. Haven't seen a 110kW AJL. :D

-005 is 110kW.

Surely, turbo isn't much different as both are k03.

AJL is 180hp, but retained the -005 turbo. Stupid, but thats what they did!

Only Drive-by-wire cars got the -029, and they all got it, including the 150hp models.

Surely, turbo isn't much different as both are k03.

Yeh they're pretty similar. 029 has a very slightly larger turbine.

both top out around 200hp

the -073 is also a K03, but its got a bigger compressor wheel and will do about 230hp or so. This is the A4 version of what the golf folks call "K03s", but it was only used on the 190hp B6.

Reactions: slepy