aitp9 August 13th 2017 Deene Park, Corby, Northamptonshire (Discussion Thread)

Ok Matt, when you've got a better idea let me know, ideally I'd like to be at my campsite around 2pm, tent up, then :beercheers::beercheers::beercheers::beercheers: :salute:

I'll probably be leaving around 8am, takes me 6 hours, well maybe less :racer:, doing 70 mph of course!

Keep in touch, and we'll get something sorted mate. :yes:

JG
for sure man, will wait for a reply from mike aswell, it was a good while ago when we mentioned driving down

Reactions: RS5 JON
Cheers Matt, I'll wait to see if he replies. @RedS3Reilly

Quite happy to meet up mate, the more the merrier, which way are you travelling down, I've had a look at best route from Scotland and it appears it maybe via A1, what do you think?

JG
Hi, yes I'm heading down on the Saturday mate, I'll ask the other guys in the Scottish Audi clan what time we are leaving and get back to you :)

Reactions: MattSedg and RS5 JON
Guys! I'm coming!

Got 2 tickets spare as some guy at work dropped out.

Was gonna sell em but he gave me the money anyway so first person to get in touch can have em FOC!

get hold of me and I'll post em today 1st class!

John

Reactions: a3 turbp, Macdoon, MattSedg and 2 others
Ok, let's say I fancied popping down for a gander and to actually meet some of you reprobates, what's the deal?

I presume I can just show up and pay on the day? Whereabouts do I go though - the website talks about "on field" parking and "non club" parking etc. Don't want to turn up and have zero idea where to park or how to find you lot.

Ok, let's say I fancied popping down for a gander and to actually meet some of you reprobates, what's the deal?

I presume I can just show up and pay on the day? Whereabouts do I go though - the website talks about "on field" parking and "non club" parking etc. Don't want to turn up and have zero idea where to park or how to find you lot.

Sorry spare tickets both now gone!

Last edited:

Toby, when you arrive, ask to be directed to the audi-sport.net stand. Its that easy. :) x

Aitp new image

Toby, when you arrive, ask to be directed to the audi-sport.net stand. Its that easy. :) x

Do you mean drive to the stand and park there or park up somewhere else first then walk to the stand? (yes I'm that clueless lol).

Reactions: Sandra
Do you mean drive to the stand and park there or park up somewhere else first then walk to the stand? (yes I'm that clueless lol).
Toby when you arrive at aitp and buy or show your ticket ask to be directed to the stand with your car. Then you park and enjoy the day. :) x

Hi, yes I'm heading down on the Saturday mate, I'll ask the other guys in the Scottish Audi clan what time we are leaving and get back to you :)
I've spoke to a some of the audi clan and they are arranging to meet up at Abingdon services at around 1.30pm on the Saturday, where are yous traveling from??

Toby when you arrive at aitp and buy or show your ticket ask to be directed to the stand with your car. Then you park and enjoy the day. :) x

Ah ok. It now looks like I may be busy that weekend unfortunately but, if not, I'll endeavour to pop over.

Reactions: Sandra
I've spoke to a some of the audi clan and they are arranging to meet up at Abingdon services at around 1.30pm on the Saturday, where are yous traveling from??

looks like there is going to be more Scotsman than at Wembley for an England V Scotland footie match.....Anyone travelling up from the south Saturday afternoon?

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and RS5 JON

@RedS3Reilly I'm travelling from Ayrshire, 1.30pm is a bit late for me, I hope to leave around 8am, arrive at campsite around 2pm.

JG

Reactions: Sandra and RedRS3Reilly
maybe tag along with you guys if thats cool? can either meet somewhere on M6 or A1 which ever way you'd be going

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
I do like launching f out the m6 toll at the pay booth ;)
just come up on 800 miles so im ready for my first launch.....guess i know where itll be :whistle2:

Reactions: AudiNutta and RedRS3Reilly
Hi,

I've just added my name to the attendee list!

I've been to AITP a few times before with my A2 but I'll be bringing my A4 this time, it's fairly standard but hopefully clean enough for the club stand. I haven't joined a social with ASN before so it'll be good to put some names to faces. Looking forward to it! :)

Thanks,

Matt.

Reactions: Sandra, RedRS3Reilly and Macdoon
Is there water on site near the Asn stand to wash the cars off with?

Rapid Detailer, Glass Cleaner and a boot full of micro fibre cloths for me

I never cleaned a car myself and now even i've got all this You lot bad influence on me lol

I got a water blade squeegee too, incase it rains.... geez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh, obviously a couple of members not worried about swirling? ;) I'm all for the car looking good and hope it does, but I am so careful with the way my car is washed.. I'm not prepared to damage it with waterless washing techniques for the sake of a car show.

But, the car was cleaned today as it is planned to rain for the next 2 days straight.. came on the pushbike to work ready for a road trip on Tuesday :p Clean car needs! Same will happen in prep for AITP I think, steal a dry spell opportunity and then store while keeping everything crossed for good weather heading up!!

I’m the same, car will be perfect when I leave anything it picks up on the way is just bad luck, would never waterless wash

I got a water blade squeegee too, incase it rains.... geez

You mean you have not already given it three coats of wax and a sealant on top so any rain just runs away before it even touches the car

I'm not prepared to damage it with waterless washing techniques for the sake of a car show.

would never waterless wash

Each to there own but IMHO nothing wrong with rapid detailer and a good quality microfiber for removing very light coatings of motorway dust from the drive up

You mean you have not already given it three coats of wax and a sealant on top so any rain just runs away before it even touches the car

Each to there own but IMHO nothing wrong with rapid detailer and a good quality microfiber for removing very light coatings of motorway dust from the drive up

Motorway dust, sure! I have done it before when I had my Fiesta & A3, but with how the S3 is maintained... haha!

Reactions: Daveotto
May still pop along - am I expected to have a clean car as this could be a deal breaker lol!

All who are on the attendee list, and probably some who turn up at the last minute.

JG

Where's the attendee list? Not sure if I'm on it but would like to met you guys and include my A5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk