1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aitp9 August 13th 2017 Deene Park, Corby, Northamptonshire (Discussion Thread)

Sandra Dec 19, 2016

1. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

BibbsOnTour likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. AitpCalvin

AitpCalvin Member

Audis in the Park website has now been updated....packed with ALL the information you could ever need about the show! Go check it out! www.audisinthepark.co.uk

4. Mark_86

Mark_86 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Black Edition quattro DSG

So, never been to this event as this is my first Audi. I've just booked tickets, but I guess we have a stand? Do we all have our cars on the stand... what's the event like?

AitpCalvin likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

When you arrive on the day Mark., ask to be directed to audi-sport.net stand.

AitpCalvin, Ghost and Mark_86 like this.
  6. AitpCalvin

AitpCalvin Member

Lets get this cleared up once and for all....

It seems a few people have expressed concerns that their Audi "Isn't good enough" to attend Audis in the Park!!!

The slogan of the show is "Old, New, Standard or Modified...if it's an Audi, it's welcome"

Audis in the park is about bringing Audi owners together for a day of all things Audi!

It genuinely doesn't matter if you roll up in a 200,000 mile workhorse with battle scars, a brand new pristine R8, a fire breathing race car or a gleaming no expense spared show car...The ONLY rule that allows you to attend it is must be an Audi.....There is no snobbery and no mine is better than yours.....I personally promise you will not feel left out or inferior because your car isn't shiny or brand new!

That's a promise!

rocki3, Weeb, Len and 12 others like this.
  7. 15Degrees

15Degrees Active Member

I'm going to go to this as I live near the estate. Ill take the race car along so people can have a good look at her.

psmurphy, AitpCalvin and Sandra like this.
  8. Sandra

Hope your putting your car on the audi-sport.net stand.

9. 15Degrees

15Degrees Active Member

Yes if im allowed?

10. Sandra

You most certainly are. :)

11. 15Degrees

15Degrees Active Member

Oki cool. So I just get a ticket and then come to your area then?

12. Avatar

13. Sandra

Yes you do Mark. When you arrive ask to be directed to our stand. :)

AitpCalvin and 15Degrees like this.
  14. 15Degrees

15Degrees Active Member

Ok cool. Ill look forwards to this one, get to meet a few of you. I only live a mile from the estate so quite convenient for me this event LOL.

15. BibbsOnTour

BibbsOnTour Member Team Lava Grey Team V6 Audi A3 quattro DSG

Just bought myself my first Audi and I'm new on the forum.. In the process of trying to persuade a friend to come with me so I should be showing my face this year too!

Sandra and AitpCalvin like this.
  16. BibbsOnTour

BibbsOnTour Member Team Lava Grey Team V6 Audi A3 quattro DSG

Update: Managed to persuade friend to come and I've booked us the tickets so we'll be there.

Just wondering about how things usually go? I see it's a new venue so it might be a bit new to all of us but what's likely to happen over the course of the day and evening? I see a few have said about camping (and a party!)... Camping would probably be our choice as it's a good 2 hours each way for us! Parties are always good too!

17. Dan-1981

Dan-1981 Active Member Team V6 TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition quattro

If I'm off watch that week i'll bring the old A4 up from devon!

18. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

Went to AITP about 4 years ago.. Loved every minute.. Hopefully will be able to make this one.

Sandra and AitpCalvin like this.
  19. 15Degrees

15Degrees Active Member

I thought I'd do some laminated sheets for the car explaining the spec of each area, engine, chassis, brakes etc etc

AitpCalvin and Sandra like this.
  20. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

I like this idea... although my S3 will still probably be stock at that point, I have the memory of a goldfish... so the spec doesn't stick!

I need some show plates too!

21. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Show plates.............

Just wrap some black vinyl wrap over an old set of plates, buy audi-sport.net sticker, pm Sandra, and stick some velcro on the back of the show plate and your existing plate, job done. :yahoo:

See you at the aitp.

JG

Sandra likes this.
  22. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

[​IMG]

JG

Macdoon and Sandra like this.
  23. MikeSel^

Last time I went (admittedly a long time ago) I got some very fancy Audi-Sport show plates, I think Calvin lent me them. Only for the day...

Are the club not doing any this year?

AitpCalvin likes this.
  24. JG51 AUD

I've never had them supplied to me at the last 3-4 aitp's.
    JG

25. MikeSel^

I'd be willing to buy one for the right money. Checked online an they're stupid money for what they are. Maybe I'll get some acrylic sheets and 3D print so stuff to stick on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JG51 AUD likes this.
  26. JG51 AUD

If I remember right, the audi-sport.net sticker cost me about £2.50 or something, I had an old plate and black wrap lying in the garage, velcro I got out the £ shop, as you say, some funny prices for show plates on the www.

JG

27. MikeSel^

Thanks. That certainly is the cheaper option. I'll see if I can find some plates. I was looking to order some stickers anyway when I get my new car :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JG51 AUD likes this.
  28. AitpCalvin

AitpCalvin Member

Anyone want to use the "it's too far" excuse?

All the little Blue dots are paid ticket sales by region!

MARCH MAP.jpg

29. Sandra

looking great Calvin :) x

30. MikeSel^

Is there anybody meeting up on the drive down from the Yorkshire region? Just going for the day, but would be good to meet up on the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31. MattSedg

MattSedg ex S3 owner Gold Supporter Defender 90 Galway Green

Im coming from that way, sort of.....but probably going down saturday evening instead, undecided yet

32. MikeSel^

:) I imagine I will be heading straight down the M1. Take it you're planning on staying over for Sunday?

33. Avatar

34. MattSedg

yeah, im coming from yorkshire/lancashire/cumbrian border haha so a bit away from you

35. MikeSel^

You don't fancy making the trip down on Friday than

36. MattSedg

might end up just setting off early sunday...

37. MikeSel^

What will you be traveling down in? :)

38. MattSedg

my s3 :racer: should start being built mid may
    looking like there will be a lot of us from 8v section

MikeSel^ likes this.
  39. MikeSel^

Oh :) Mine too! Hopefully it will land before the end of May!

MattSedg likes this.
  40. GTAIVgunner

GTAIVgunner Well-Known Member Team Glacier TDi Audi A3 S-line owners group Manual

Mark has made a new forum in the 8V section to see who's heading to this event

Sandra likes this.
  41. Onlysharky

Onlysharky New Member

Maybe slightly off topic, but would there be access to the main residence on this day as well? (sad I know..)

42. 15Degrees

15Degrees Active Member

Being one of the estates vassals, as in we live in a house on the estate, ill ask them ha ha ha

43. Sandra

Guys if you attending can you make sure you add your name in the attendee list please as Adam be bringing the club BBQ and we will need to know numbers so you get your free burger. Thanks :)

Crom1 likes this.