AITP10 INFORMATION/CHAT THREAD 12TH AUGUST 2018

No idea why 6am, just tagging onto their plans, plenty of time to clean the car weather depending ofc

Unless @sgtvic Is going down early Sunday theres nobody else from my way that I know of

I wasn't sure whether to go or not so I didn't get an advance ticket. Shame, we could have travelled together in convoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg
Come on Matt I hope you aren’t planning on a waterless wash or alike, I expect better ;)

Nah scrap that, will be tonnes and tonnes of water.. self rinse :whistle2: Just bring a mitt and some shampoo.
Aye, optimum no rinse tackle, had a bash cleaning wheels and tyres with it last night, did the trick

Anyone going from London/Heathrow parts?
Planning to leave about 7am?

@AudiNutta you not up for testing the quattro out in a muddy field ? Cmon, live a little ;)

Just half heartedly washed mine.. It will do... Especially when forecast is 50%+ rain.

Found a few scratches in the most awkward of places that I quickly got the DA polisher on.

@AudiNutta you not up for testing the quattro out in a muddy field ? Cmon, live a little ;)

Just half heartedly washed mine.. It will do... Especially when forecast is 50%+ rain.

Found a few scratches in the most awkward of places that I quickly got the DA polisher on.

Like hell am I :lmfao:
I try to keep mine like a show piece, forever failing ;) Couple of spins in the snow and that was it for me ;)

You mean 101% chance of rain? :p Miserable day by the looks

Reactions: MattSedg and oli356
Might end up coming down in our defender yet :tearsofjoy: give the spaniels a trip out

If only I had a trailer license, could have stuck the s3 on a trailer and towed her down :whistle2:

Reactions: THQuattro
I washed the car earlier, dried it then it rained 2 hours later. I give up! 4x4s are meant to be dirty right?

See you in the morning people!

Reactions: AudiNutta, THQuattro, MikeSel^ and 2 others
Yeah it’s properly raining here now. So my car is likely to be filthy by the time I arrive!

5am start with a 2 hour drive

See you all under the tent

Reactions: jungle650, oli356, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Finally decided when I’m leaving, thanks to the weather I’m going for a later arrival.

Will leave at 6am and arrive just after 9am.

Hope everybody has a safe trip :)

Reactions: oli356
I washed the car earlier, dried it then it rained 2 hours later. I give up! 4x4s are meant to be dirty right?

See you in the morning people!
Yup.. Same here! Ah well....and yes, they are!

Got the Audi umbrella in the boot at least

See you all tomorrow! Should be there 9 - 9:30 :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
So... I’ve arrived :) currently set up camp near the food vendors, as were the biggest club stand this year we have the pick of quite a large area.

It’s spitting with rain. But nothing too bad so far.

See you all soon :)

Reactions: MattSedg, sgtvic and Tom.H
So... I’ve arrived :) currently set up camp near the food vendors, as were the biggest club stand this year we have the pick of quite a large area.

It’s spitting with rain. But nothing too bad so far.

See you all soon :)

Take it the Audi Sport stand is easy enough to find then Mike.

We’ve had to take most of the flags down because of the wind. But the tent is still up :)

Attachments

• 8D99A471-DBBA-4FB4-9EB2-A1932354DCAE.jpeg
    8D99A471-DBBA-4FB4-9EB2-A1932354DCAE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 324
Reactions: AudiNutta, MattSedg, AudiSpy and 4 others
Had a great day today, thanks to everyone involved. Bit of a shy person when it comes to people I don’t know so apologies to anyone I didn’t speak to, I’m sure you’re all a friendly bunch though. We had a cracking stand a brilliant turnout.

Reactions: AudiNutta, jungle650, sjbarneS3 and 5 others
Had a great day today, thanks to everyone involved. Bit of a shy person when it comes to people I don’t know so apologies to anyone I didn’t speak to, I’m sure you’re all a friendly bunch though. We had a cracking stand a brilliant turnout.

Thanks for joining us on the stand aaaaaaaaaand HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tom!

Reactions: oli356 and Tom.H
Thanks for all of you who managed to make it out to the show, and thanks for those of you who got there early enough and stayed late enough to help set up and take everything down. It’s you guys that make the show!

@Tom.H you did fine :) it’s not easy at first, but stick with it. Most of us are friendly enough, it gets easier with time! Trust me..

Congratulations again to @jungle650 for winning the Andy Mac award for this year! You was a great help with helping us get set up, and you helped make some of the new faces feel welcome. Love the car, I’m very jealous :)

Reactions: jungle650, oli356, Tom.H and 1 other person
Thanks for joining us on the stand aaaaaaaaaand HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tom!

Cheers Tom, good speaking to you and @MikeSel^

Oh, if you do want any t-shirts doing I might be able to sort you out - be once I've got a press though :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiSpy and MikeSel^
Another year and another great turn out, thanks to all that joined us. 2nd year at Deene park and thought it was great, hats off to Calvin and the AITP team for a well run day.

As always a big thanks to those that helped with tent putting up (@MikeSel^ , @DJAlix and @jungle650 for 7am assistance) and everyone who helped take it down again. Thanks to @THQuattro for trays of bacon sandwiches as well!

To echo Mike well done to @jungle650 for being awarded the Andy Mac trophy this year, and finally our Lady of the Highlands @Sandra for organising.

and lastly a few pics...

IMG 0132
IMG 0133
IMG 0134

Proof that not all heroes wear masks.. @THQuattro bringing in the bacon.

IMG 0135

@Tom.H 's blue S3 with matching t-shirt. Who also chose to spend his Birthday with us!

IMG 0139

@jungle650 with the Andy Mac award

IMG 0140
IMG 0144

And just a slice of the cars on the stand!

IMG 0146

Reactions: THQuattro, AudiNutta, Tom.H and 1 other person
@Tom.H happy Birthday young man. @jungle650 well done in winning the Andy Mac Trophy. @AudiSpy @MikeSel^ fantastic job today with putting up the club stand and flags and making all the members feel welcome. Thank you to all the members that attended. Without you we wouldn’t have a forum. :) x

Reactions: AudiNutta, jungle650, sjbarneS3 and 2 others
Thanks @AudiSpy and @Sandra Mrs H bought me the tickets and all the food and arrival photos from the morning. Glad the weather behaved overall!

Reactions: MikeSel^, Sandra and AudiSpy
A nice wet drive home :)

Thanks @THQuattro for the bacon sandwiches! Start the day off right!

Didn't get a chance to meet @Tom.H but happy birthday!

Good to meet some more faces and see some of the lovely cars at the show and hear them too....!
And @MattSedg for rubbing in the face-lift crackles of the S3 as we left haha.

Reactions: THQuattro, AudiNutta, Sandra and 2 others
Glad I could attend and meet you, guys.
My first time at any car meet it was.

6c15410217123855bded8b111684d7dc.jpg

Sure, we’ll meet up next year

Reactions: AudiSpy, THQuattro, AudiNutta and 2 others
A nice wet drive home :)

Thanks @THQuattro for the bacon sandwiches! Start the day off right!

Didn't get a chance to meet @Tom.H but happy birthday!

Good to meet some more faces and see some of the lovely cars at the show and hear them too....!
And @MattSedg for rubbing in the face-lift crackles of the S3 as we left haha.
No wonder you decided to overtake me, get away from the fl goodness :whistle2:

I enjoyed my first time at Audi's in the park. I was surprised with the turn out considering the weather . We were there between 10:30 and 2pm, saw loads of nice cars and people

My first visit to an Audi event of any kind & thanks to @rasA4 for getting back to me while we were actually on the way & letting me park on the stand.

My A4 doesn’t wear an S or RS badge but I think it looked quite at home & was in very good company.

I’ll definitely try harder next time & do my best to get out to more events. Everybody I had chance to talk to was very friendly & definitely made us feel welcome.

Jonny.

714B4E01 1ABD 46F0 96E9 F9DC502E596E

Reactions: rasA4, AudiNutta, oli356 and 1 other person
Also my first ever car event!

I turned up at the wrong stand though and parked somewhere randomly . I didn’t stay that long either as I was with friends who do not really care about cars. Either way it was nice and I wish I stayed longer...

Btw, anyone from Wales around here? I’m from Cardiff myself. Would be great to have some kind of a convoy to an event next time as I feel these things are so much better with car/Audi lovers!

Pic here of my car, obv somewhere not at the forum stand...
8F3FD52C EA77 45F7 A3A8 1F91E7A36BDE

Reactions: oli356
Thx guys for a good day despite the poor weather. @AudiSpy @MikeSel^ The vid that @DJAlix took of us wrestling the tent in the morning should be quite comical! I was shocked and very surprised to receive an award but will keep good care of it and pass it on next year.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to say hi to @Tom.H and @oli356 would liked to have caught up. Good to see some familar faces and chat and welcome some new ones.

@Sandra ... what a shame u could not make it !!

All the best
Jungle

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, MikeSel^, Sandra and 3 others
No wonder you decided to overtake me, get away from the fl goodness :whistle2:
My wallet was slowly slipping out of my pocket haha!
I couldn't take it anymore :p

Thx guys for a good day despite the poor weather. @AudiSpy @MikeSel^ The vid that @DJAlix took of us wrestling the tent in the morning should be quite comical! I was shocked and very surprised to receive an award but will keep good care of it and pass it on next year.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to say hi to @Tom.H and @oli356 would liked to have caught up. Good to see some familar faces and chat and welcome some new ones.

All the best
Jungle
Will make sure to say hi next time, wasn't aware it was you at first... but I spent plenty of time eyeing up your car!

All the best
Jungle

I’m guessing the Daytona RS3 was yours, very nice :icon thumright:

usv3752.jpg

Reactions: MattSedg and Sandra
Can we talk about the security fella on the way out for a second, what a man.

Reactions: THQuattro, AudiNutta and Tom.H
Some guy :icon thumright:

Actually all the security were having a laugh with show attendees, good to see
People are debating what was better on Facebook at the moment, the show or the security lol

Reactions: MattSedg, oli356 and Sandra
Haha seen all the commennts about the security on the way out. Nice guy and good way to slow down the flow of cars :)