Airbag warning light displayed !!

whitty

Reaction score
I have recently bought this A4 2.5 2003 and it has an airbag warning light displayed. I have been told by many people that it is simply the wiring under the seat. i believe it is quite common. My question is, if i simply repair the wires will the light go off or do i need to clear the fault code. many thanks to you in advance.

Had the very same problem. Vag-com said it was drivers side ignigtor voltage too high. went under the seat from the rear and pushed the yellow connectors together and reset it. hey presto problem solved. try pushing all visible connectors on both seats firmly together.

Also had a similar problem, scan for fault codes using vcds/vagcom to identify where the fault lies with the airbags. Once rectified you'll then need to plug back into vcds to reset the fault code.

Ive suffered the same problem for the last six months now, ive had it reset twice now by a very helpful forum member, but about 3 months ago i got out to move the bin so i could get on the drive and when i got back in the airbag light was on again!
I have unplugged the connections and used a connection cleaner but the fault re-appears.
Audi have said that they just remove the seat and take out all connections and solder the wires together.

you would have to solder the wires together with the seat in as one half of the wires are connected to the seat. Access is pretty straightforward if you slide the seat back

Is there anyone in the midlands area (Bromsgrove) with VAGCOM ?
How can i find out ?

Find a post by 'NHN' - in his sig is a link to all members who have it.

OK so i have plugged it in to a VAG COM system but it said "could not connect to controller" !!
Does anyone know what this means ?

OK so i have plugged it in to a VAG COM system but it said "could not connect to controller" !!
Does anyone know what this means ?
Check whether the VAG-COM can connect to any of the ECUs in your car:

- if not then the fault is in the VAG-COM system.

- if it can then possibly the airbag ECU has died.