Airbag/Seatbelt Tensioner Igniter Recall

/dev/null

Reaction score
Anyone else had the letter regarding this recall? It says it should take up to an hour to fix however I'm very skeptical of that... should I be booking in for the day and requesting a courtesy car? Don't fancy sitting around a dealership for several hours waiting.

Anyone else had the letter regarding this recall? It says it should take up to an hour to fix however I'm very skeptical of that... should I be booking in for the day and requesting a courtesy car? Don't fancy sitting around a dealership for several hours waiting.
Mind saying exactly what car you have?
Ta.

Anyone else had the letter regarding this recall?
Yep, letter came on Monday. Ours is a July 2016 car.

Got the impression from guy booking the car in that it was a software fix, but he may have been mistaken.

Attachments

• IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
I have the same car/plate. Not received anything yet though ill keep an eye out. Personally id tell them you cant hang around and request a courtesy car for the day. Hopefully they'll give you something half decent you can drive for the day.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have the same car/plate. Not received anything yet though ill keep an eye out. .

If you log in to myAudi and then take the My Service option then you should get a message in red at the top saying you have a recall ("Field campaigns to be performed"). If you click on this you then see the "A-Servicing airbag system* 69P2" message if applicable.

Ours is a 66 plate 218q

No recall on mine yet - check via @dts439 post
66 2.0 TFSI. Built in August 2016 (First week of)

Maybe its slow to update, or maybe its a certain batch of parts affecting certain cars.

Either way, hope you get it sorted and get a nice Courtesy Car :)

No recall on mine yet - check via @dts439 post
66 2.0 TFSI. Built in August 2016 (First week of)

Maybe its slow to update, or maybe its a certain batch of parts affecting certain cars.

Either way, hope you get it sorted and get a nice Courtesy Car :)
Might only be 3.0l diesels from the posts...

Not received anything through the post and just checked on myAudi with ours and nothing showing in the My Service section, ours is 16 plate 3.0 TDi 218 Q avant, so as you say its likely it applies to certain build date / batches of vehicles, ours was delivered early May 2016, so presumably an April 2016 build date.

No chance of a nice courtesy car, they're all A1's at the local dealership apart from a TT 2.0 Ultra.

I've just got this warning on my 2017 B9 S5 - did anyone get to the bottom of what it was?

I've just got this warning on my 2017 B9 S5 - did anyone get to the bottom of what it was?
On the invoice it showed one part being replaced that (would have) cost £276 and was labelled as part of the Seat Belt, so I assume the tensioner? Part A8W0 857 705 AV 04 057150/SEAT BELT

Last edited:
Thanks @dts439 - Did it take them long to sort it out?
No not long, it would have been just one day. However, they also fixed a problem I had with the ambient lighting in the passenger door and that took a second set of parts so they ended up having it for 2 days.

I left mine in a day for them to do.

Although they did ring me on the morning that I was meant to take it saying "don't bother, the wrong parts have come in" to which I kicked up a fuss having been previously let down by them in similar situations. So they came and picked the car up from my work, filled it up with fuel and dropped it off again later. Nice little extra.