Airbag needed

Stu_b7

Reaction score
As above really I have just purchased a Audi flat bottom steering wheel off eBay and am now in search of a air bag to fit it, problem is, 1 they all look the same to me! And 2 not sure what part number I will need?
I had a look on here and think this is the correct part number but not 100% sure 8J0880201 but can only find 1 on eBay and that going for £300!! I will put a picture of the wheel so any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 8532785B-E872-4ECF-9940-62AB9FB91553.png
    8532785B-E872-4ECF-9940-62AB9FB91553.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 03334B95-9AD2-45FA-B678-EFA3D69202F2.png
    03334B95-9AD2-45FA-B678-EFA3D69202F2.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
It's a mine field isn't it. Some are £30 and some are £300 for no apparent reason.

I need a standard airbag for my wheel :-( it has marks on it and the silver trim (shield is worn).

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Yeah it really is a minefield! Can’t believe how much they are and how few are available, dread to think how much one from Audi must be!

Sometimes just better to go for a complete assembly, ok its going to be a bit more but at least its complete and can be fitted.
Going with bare wheel does have its pitfalls and by the time you've found a suitable bag you're probably in the same price bracket as a complete wheel.
best of luck with it all chaps.

My RS4 FBSW cost me £600 as a complete ready to fit assembly, to be honest i thought that was a lot but maybe it wasn't so much after all, and it went on ok.

8J0880201 is the correct part number for A3/TT flat bottom wheels like the one you have.
The going rate when I was looking for just the airbag was £250 - £300.
As said above, realised it'd be easier to buy a complete wheel with airbag - should be able to get one for £350ish.
I've still got a bare wheel that I initially bought which I'll look at selling in the near future and hopefully get my money back on it.

Mike

Reactions: Charlie Farley
If you want a better deal your only bet is going to be going to a local dismantlers/breaker and buying one in person

A significant portion of the £300 you see advertised online is Paypal + Ebay fees and Postage.

Buy in person, with cash will yield a lower price

p.s. great purchase!

Glad to see more B7 owners are doing this mod. Makes a massive difference to the interior imo

Reactions: Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
If you want a better deal your only bet is going to be going to a local dismantlers/breaker and buying one in person

A significant portion of the £300 you see advertised online is Paypal + Ebay fees and Postage.

Buy in person, with cash will yield a lower price
I agree but many breakers are now geting very savvy on these sortes of parts and if they are even half decent quality they really sting buyers these days, still worth a look all the same.
It is that RS / S badge situation , anything thing that has a specific badge or part with the name on it and sellers take that as a licence to print money , even for poor condition kit.

Keep an eye on this ..

If you're in the market for a wheel and airbag.
The wiring will need to be modified slightly but you'll find that with *most* A3/TT looms.

It's nothing to do with me by the way, just something I saw that might be relevant.

HTH
Mike

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
Keep an eye on this ..

The wiring will need to be modified slightly but you'll find that with *most* A3/TT looms.

It's nothing to do with me by the way, just something I saw that might be relevant.

HTH
Mike

Was literally just looking at this before I came on here and it is now on my watched list shame I didn’t see this before I brought the other wheel but could still be a purchase if it goes for the right price

Anything below 350:and it'd be a buy for me :)

Mike

Reactions: Stu_b7
Keep an eye on this ..

HTH
Mike

Just put an offer in for this just wanted to know what wiring I will need for it?

Also waiting for the seller to get back to me as I want to make sure that is the correct airbag for that wheel as he hasn’t shown the 8J0 code on just the one on the back of the airbag