airbag light

a3guy

Reaction score
i have had this error come up a few times now ,

01739 - Crash Sensor for Front Airbag; Pass. Side (G284)

011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

anyone had this fault before is there anything i can physically check.
this car seems to have loads of electrical gremlins.

When my car was new it had an airbag fault showing, which hadn't been sorted on the Pdi.

The dealership I bought it from said it was a simple sensor fault that would be fixed with a straight swap for a new unit.......... new sensor = no more problems.

Not sure how common was/is but they knew straight away what the exact problem was as if they'd come across it before.

Hi the A3's suffer with poor contacts connectors on the seat airbag loom.They have a mood in which they remove one of the connectors plug behind the back seat cover and hard wire it in.Only do this if you know how to handle airbags....

cheers guys

gonna try and get the dealer to cough up , as the car is 2 months out of warranty

dealer wanted to charge me £90 just to diagnose the fault :no:

no chance i am paying that! after a bit of searcing on the net i found that there are two sensors hidden behind the front crossmember one for driver and the other one for passenger, i have swapped these around to see if the fault moves to the drivers side.

the connector that is attached to the sensor seems a bit loose on the passenger side, it has a part number of 3b0 973 702 so i assume it can be replaced.

anyone changed these connectors before ?

does anyone have access to the price of parts ?

need a price for 8E0 959 651B a3 crash sensor ?

Try vagparts, much cheaper than the dealer parts department.

cheers with give them a try , some on ebay for £18 but who knows where they have come from bit risky as it could save your life.