Airbag light

mozza1202

Reaction score
Hi after abit of advice have airbag light on dash when i scan with carista i get the code 90381B or 9451547 any help in solving the problem would be grateful thanks in advance

If you have an airbag warning come up this is a safety issue. I would think that you should take it to the dealers/garage asap.

Reactions: Phutters
If you have an airbag warning come up this is a safety issue. I would think that you should take it to the dealers/garage asap.
Absolutely.

Those error codes relate to the supplemental restraint system. I had a similar - and it was similar, not identical - error in my daughter's 8P; an airbag warning light and an error that would not clear despite several attempts. That error was caused by an unrepairable fault in the airbag control module, resulting in a very large and unavoidable bill.

You can't just pick one of those modules up from the local scrappie and Scotchlok it in on a Sunday afternoon over a mug of tea.

Sometimes sh*t happens and you have to cough hard and pay up. Maybe more pertinently, I learned that while the airbag warning light is on, the airbags won't work if a tree runs out into the road and hits you.

Now I'm not saying that this is what's wrong with your car, because I wouldn't be that presumptuous.

What I would do, though, is suggest that you get this checked out properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlS3BE
Agree don’t mess with safety systems.
I had a similar issue with a mini to what phutters described and it was a corroded multi plug. In the end it needed a new wiring loom.

Agree don’t mess with safety systems.

Agree. And whilst on the subject, I find it very scary folk hereabouts discussing adaptions to get hill hold and the likes working on a car that didn't come with it. Brakes are not something to be messed with either :fearscream:

Reactions: Phutters and AlS3BE
Absolutely.

Those error codes relate to the supplemental restraint system. I had a similar - and it was similar, not identical - error in my daughter's 8P; an airbag warning light and an error that would not clear despite several attempts. That error was caused by an unrepairable fault in the airbag control module, resulting in a very large and unavoidable bill.

You can't just pick one of those modules up from the local scrappie and Scotchlok it in on a Sunday afternoon over a mug of tea.

Sometimes sh*t happens and you have to cough hard and pay up. Maybe more pertinently, I learned that while the airbag warning light is on, the airbags won't work if a tree runs out into the road and hits you.

Now I'm not saying that this is what's wrong with your car, because I wouldn't be that presumptuous.

What I would do, though, is suggest that you get this checked out properly.

Hi mate just finished night shift the error clears straight away with carista for about 4/5 days and comes back just thought it might have been a loose plug

I had an airbag light on my car, no idea how it happened (dealers insisted it only happens after a collision but lo and behold they weren't able to find any evidence of one!) but ended up with the airbag control module being replaced under (extended) warranty which took over a week as they had to pfaff around with codes from Audi HQ to get the new module programmed to my car.

They wouldn't give me the car back whilst they were waiting for parts as it was considered a safety hazard, so I would definitely heed what others have said and not mess around with safety issues and get it seen to ASAP.

Agree with all said above but sure there was a thread on here not so long ago where the yellow under seat connector had come loose through the seat going back and forward. Just needed pushing together to solve the problem. Might be worth trying so long as you don't take it apart.

Hi mate just finished night shift the error clears straight away with carista for about 4/5 days and comes back just thought it might have been a loose plug
I was a bit reluctant to put what I did earlier because describing a similar occurrence isn't always terribly helpful...

Having said that, our warning light reappeared after clearing the error within less than a minute of turning the ignition on again, every single time.

I tried the connector under the seat as well, more in hope than with any real expectation of it saving us the eight hundred-odd quid it ended up costing.

That kind of good luck always seems to follow other people around, not me.

Mind you, having seen our girl's bottom lip begin to tremble when they told us how much it would be, the dealership did waive their sixty quid diagnostic charge, which was nice of them.

We had no choice but to cough; as mentioned elsewhere this was a dealership-only job, and much as they'd like to have helped, our usual blokes just couldn't do it.

And the car's a 59 plate and was yonks out of warranty.

Still, in the eight years she's had it, it's literally the only thing that's ever failed. It's still on all its original bulbs, and we've never changed either key fob battery.

They don't make them like they used to.

Good luck!

After asking the wife it came on after she had put our niece's baby seat in the back then when came she came home an it was on maybe a coincidence just thought it may be simple we have no faults now would a scan with a proper diagnostic point out the problem cheers for all comments

I was a bit reluctant to put what I did earlier because describing a similar occurrence isn't always terribly helpful...

Having said that, our warning light reappeared after clearing the error within less than a minute of turning the ignition on again, every single time.

I tried the connector under the seat as well, more in hope than with any real expectation of it saving us the eight hundred-odd quid it ended up costing.

That kind of good luck always seems to follow other people around, not me.

Mind you, having seen our girl's bottom lip begin to tremble when they told us how much it would be, the dealership did waive their sixty quid diagnostic charge, which was nice of them.

We had no choice but to cough; as mentioned elsewhere this was a dealership-only job, and much as they'd like to have helped, our usual blokes just couldn't do it.

And the car's a 59 plate and was yonks out of warranty.

Still, in the eight years she's had it, it's literally the only thing that's ever failed. It's still on all its original bulbs, and we've never changed either key fob battery.

They don't make them like they used to.

Good luck!

Cheers my old 8p was fault free