Airbag Light Won't Go Off

Wilson Barrie

Reaction score
I've recently put in one of these units (Amazon product) for the wee tv screen in my A3 - pretty nice little gadget btw.

Well, when I took the glove box off and disconnected the ports to install (including airbag one), I turned on the car to test the unit. This, I now realise was a fatal mistake as the AirBag connection now registers a fault because the connection was effectively 'broken'.

I've bought one of the little OBD2 units that work off Bluetooth (Amazon product clear the airbag sign on the dash and tried a few apps, but none are even registering that there's a fault and even when I use their clear fault functions my light still stays on.

I've reached out to two people on the VCDS map to see if they can help without reply. I'm wondering if anyone on here can give me some help how to clear this without having to go to get diagnostics done at a garage. I called yesterday to one garage which quoted me 50 quid for it :/

Not much else you can do, you need vcds or something similar. I have a code reader but they don’t clear airbag faults.
I had the exact same thing a few month ago. I went to the garage around the corner from us and explained what I’d done and he did it for free as it took him a minute to do it. So we took him a few beers round and some biscuits for his troubles

Really only thing u can do there mate is bite the bullet and pay the man as ur the 1 who has ****** up ,
Not beimg cheeky but as an old school mechanic told me its fine to try and save money but in the long run if you dont know what ur doing leave well alone as it will always cost u more in the long run and anything you add to a standard car from factory is adding another problem . Hope u get it sorted , if u where in Ayrshire i might be able to help as i have gen vcd's

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Might help if you let us know where you are located so someone local to you might be able to help you.

Op doesn’t want to spend £50 to get it cleared so I doubt they’ll spend a couple of hundred on a cable

You and I both know there are cables which function for £50

And I wouldn’t advocate buying or recommend buying a fake. Hence my post.

The op is located in Troon

It’s got nothing to do with reprogramming. It’s about buying a fake and endorsing such activity.

Reactions: aqibi2000
I have reached out to the guy as i am not to far away from him , just waiting om him getting bk to me

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk