Airbag light + Safety System Fault

/dev/null

Reaction score
Just had someone reverse into my car at very low speed. Checked over and absolutely no damage at all on either so we just said no worries and left. Then after about 5 minutes later I noticed the airbag light on mine!
When I start the car up it says “safety system fault”.

I’m sure it can’t have broken anything because he literally just touched the car. Anyone had similar?

Do the lights extinguish after a few seconds? If so this is normal if not you'll need to take the car in to have a reset of the sensor...

Yes it stays on. I’ve got Audi Assist coming out this afternoon to have a look (dealers advised this as a first try rather than take it to them).

Audi Assistancd came out, checked it and it had registered a “crash sensor” - guy said they do it as soon as they detect an impact, even when small, in case it develops into a bigger impact - I.e. so the systems are ready prepped. Then once the airbag light comes on, it can only be cleared by them. He checked the sensors after clearing and all ok.
Can’t fault Audi Assist - I’ve had them out twice (once previously for a separate issue) and both times they’ve been great - if you’re not broken down at the side of the road and in need of urgent assistance then you can opt for an Audi technician rather than just the AA, which is really useful. I suppose from Audi’s point of view it keeps the dealerships and courtesy cars free of warranty work and available for daylight robbery services.

Though it was all done free even though it wasn’t a warranty issue, including the call out. Decent service they provide for free with your new car - 3 years too. :)

Great news and what you say about Audi Assist I can vouch for, even though the technician could not fix my particular fault...