Airbag light reset?

KGB

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've had a 2017 Sportback repaired after a minor bump that deployed the curtain airbags and the driver's seat bag. Having had the car to the garage there are three fault codes that won't reset, they are:
B100711 - passenger pre-tensioner squib, short circuit to ground
B10061B drivers side belt tensioner squib circuit; resistance too high
B103315 passenger side; pedestrian protection crash sensor; open circuit

All of the seatbelts work freely, can they be reset or will they need to be new belts?
I presume I need to get a new pedestrian protection sensor for the third code.

Thanks.

I would say if the pretensioners has fired then it can’t be reset/repaired. It’s like an explosive going off and tightens the belts. For safety reason I don’t think they can be repaired. Would get them replaced with new and possibly new seatbelts. With those errors I don’t believe your airbags will work either as that’s all part of the safety system. Ie seatbelt pulls you back just before airbag fires so reduces force you faceplant the airbag.

Thanks for that. Both seat belts still work perfectly, that's what surprised me, I've seen pretensioners that have gone off in other vehicles and the belts won't reel back, etc.

Thanks for that. Both seat belts still work perfectly, that's what surprised me, I've seen pretensioners that have gone off in other vehicles and the belts won't reel back, etc.

pretensioners is normally on the clip by the seat where you click the seatbelt in not on the belt itself.
that clip should sit lower rather than sticking out the seat if its popped as if it’s retracted a few inches down.

pretensioners is normally on the clip by the seat where you click the seatbelt in not on the belt itself.
that clip should sit lower rather than sticking out the seat if its popped as if it’s retracted a few inches down.

They both seem to be sitting at the same height but I'll maybe try a new buckle first and see if that allows the code to be cleared.

Maybe the seat airbag has messed up the wiring to the seat or could be a safety feature that the whole seat needs replaced with pretensioners. We all know how Audi likes taking money off us so it’s the whole seat rather than just the few small broken parts.

Reactions: KGB
Back again, I fitted two new seatbelts which cancelled the first two fault codes. I also swapped over both the sensor fixed to the back of the bumper & the sensor on the end of the support bar (which has the clear rubber tube attached and runs to drivers side where theres another sensor) but it still registers a fault.
Each time I clear the code it pops back up within a few seconds.

When I repaired the car I bought a complete second hand bumper from a breakers yard which was undamaged and used the sensors which came with it.

The code is B103315 - front passenger side pedestrian protection crash sensor; circuit open or short to positive.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? Any pointers on where to go next would be appreciated, thanks.

If it’s had a side impact then I would guess the sensor that need replaced or reset would be in the side not the bumpers. Maybe in the doors?

Reactions: KGB
The car was light damage to drivers front corner but it set off the bonnet hinge rams and drivers seat airbag. Can't find information online to determine if the pedestrian sensors are the ones connected together with the pressure sense tube or if they are the ones on the back of the front bumper.

Should have updated this long ago, sorry.
Fault was traced to the front bumper wiring loom main plug where there was a damaged pin causing the airbag fault code.
Thanks for everyone's input on this.

Reactions: pxuL and AlS3BE