Airbag light on help pleaseee??

qwertyqwerty119

Reaction score
Hi there, i need some help with the airbag light which has come on my Audi A4 2.0 TDI 2008. I took it to my local garage who tired to correct the fault but couldn't do so, they say that fault code that appeared was A00049, "control module defective". The advice given was to either take to the dealer to resolve and potentially having to replace the control module, any advice as to what the cause may be, and how I can clear it? Sorry the fault code info above is all I have to go on. Thanks,

Hi there, i need some help with the airbag light which has come on my Audi A4 2.0 TDI 2008. I took it to my local garage who tired to correct the fault but couldn't do so, they say that fault code that appeared was A00049, "control module defective". The advice given was to either take to the dealer to resolve and potentially having to replace the control module, any advice as to what the cause may be, and how I can clear it? Sorry the fault code info above is all I have to go on. Thanks,

I don't think they've given you the correct code anything I've found related to 00049 is a workshop code as seen in this post http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1467391

Try the VCDS map, get it scanned with that and it should help