Airbag light help

OllyS4

Reaction score
I have a Audi 1999 S4 avant i've only just got the car and i think it may have been in a crash in the past. I scanned the ca because the air bag light is on and got.

Control Module Part Number: 8D0 959 655 L
Component and/or Version: Airbag 7 Audi 0503
Software Coding: 00106
Work Shop Code: WSC 06325
2 Faults Found:
00589 - Airbag Igniter 1: Passenger Side (N131)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent
00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent

I tyred to clear it but they keep coming back, i have checked the fuses and checked they are plugged in also check the under the seat plugs all of witch is OK.
Can you help?

Surely if you havn't solved the problem, the light is only ever going to come back. Erasing it doesn't make it go away, not until you've solved the high resistance problem first.

I'm new to this, but I'm of the understanding that it's normally the plug and wiring to the seat.
I'm told that there's even an audi part number for a repair piece. Which is in effect two pieces of wire with heatshrink butt connectors on. They remove the plug entirely and replace a section of the wire.

Outside that, I guess it could be that the airbags are shot?

Ressistance too high is definitely a wiring problem it means electrical resistance.

It will probably be the plugs as said above so I would check them and the wiring to the airbags. Perhaps some dilectric grease or something would make sure you get a better connection.