air suspension question

overdraft

Reaction score
Can someone help, our 2004 A6 allroad air suspension is playing up i have posted earlier and thanks for the responce.

Overnight it is dropping , also whilst driving its dropping. On start up its below level one, on the display cluster the orange sybol is present sometimes solid sometimes flashing.

It seems to be the front passenger side that drops the most, i have heard air from that side and i have tried soaking it with soapy water to no avail.

Before i order arnott replacement front bags is it definatley the bags or could it be electronic ?

Help would be helpfull.

Many thanks

Ok still holding out on the off change someone one that has had the same experience may share there advise, just looking down the list off help required fishr had over 3000 views to get 9 replies so I guess its early days yet !!!!!!!

The only other places that air can leak are:
Seals top and bottom of spring
Pipe work or vos fitting.

Compressor, valve block, and accumulator are at the rear.

The longer you leave it, the more chance you have of damaging the compressor.

I've had mine four months and relplaced pressure regulating valve and rear level sensor.
Light on dash came back on last week and out of desperation replaced a weak battery as this could b shutting down compressor on cold starts.
I would say to u find a good garage as the one I bought my car from were utter garbage.
The suspension can b complicated for the average mechanic and you cld spend money on parts that don't need replacing.
Good luck mate I know how u feel.

Get yourself over to AllroadFAQ, a wealth of knowledge, and info on the air sus system.

Mark

More likely its an air bag, I had the same problem when I bought my allroad. I got my airbag refurbished with the warranty. I did some researches and did not went for arrnot as they have a limited life time, thats the feedback from their users. Dont forget to calibrate your suspension after the new airbag is fitted!