Air suspension, issues, problems, experience?

jsosic

Reaction score
Hi guys.

After driving A3 8P for 11 years I'm planning on buying A6 C7.

Now, I've found a good model, 3.0tdi 272cv dsg, but with air suspension.

I'm wondering what are the general experiences with air suspensions?

1. Maintenance vs regular suspension? Do I need to expect a lot of expensive malfunctions?

2. General feeling when driving it, is it stiffer, softer, better then regular?

3. With regular one I would opt for Eibach and lower the car 2-3cm, what options do I have with air?

Any points not mentioned here are also welcome.

Thanks!

I moved from an A7 with regular suspension to a 2016 S7 with air.

Now at 65k miles and not had any issues, I’m also lowered 20mm all round using the Ceté suspension control module.

Personally I find the suspension a little soft and doesn’t lend itself to high speed cornering :racer:

Reactions: rjwojcik
I moved from an A7 with regular suspension to a 2016 S7 with air.

Now at 65k miles and not had any issues, I’m also lowered 20mm all round using the Ceté suspension control module.

Personally I find the suspension a little soft and doesn’t lend itself to high speed cornering :racer:

Are there any mods out there to address this?

I've got it on my RS6. No problems with mine & the other day when i had to get home in the snow being able to raise the car was a great help & reduced the risk of damage to the front from snow & ice etc.

Reactions: rjwojcik
I find it more comfortable - you can lower air electronically, I will be getting the cete control module soon

Reactions: RS3 S. and rjwojcik
After Air, as well as Hydraulic suspension its almost impossible to go back to springs/shocks, the comfort, high adjustment and noise reduction alone is great.

As for cornering, I've never noticed an issue in any Quattro's specifically relating to the air, but maybe the FWD's are more prone to slip in cornering.

Also, there are some more general pros and cons of Air over other suspension systems, so, it's good to research :iagree: