Air Leak

Jiny_P

Reaction score
Hi

I have got a problem with my S3, when i accelerate and the turbo comes in i get a fairly loud air leak noise and no power? i have taken it to a garage and they could not find any split pipes, but i doubt if the garage had a proper look? i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could help me and give me some advice? Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

I have got a problem with my S3, when i accelerate and the turbo comes in i get a fairly loud air leak noise and no power? i have taken it to a garage and they could not find any split pipes, but i doubt if the garage had a proper look? i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could help me and give me some advice? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Did they specifically mention that they'd checked for split / detatched hoses at the intercoolers? It's quite common for one of those to come away; and that normally results in something sickening to listen-to and an even more sickening lack of power - a few people I know have had it happen to them.

Otherwise it's 99.9999999999 (...recurring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) percent likely to be a damaged / detatched hose and a REALLY quick look by the garage at fault I would've thought...

Regards,

Rob.

check the pipe on the left hand end (from the front) of the inlet manafold, it has a 'u' bend then splits in two with one pipe going off to the brake servo, check the 'u' bend for splits

Jiny,

I had exactly the same thing on my A4 and couldnt find the leak after looking for it everywhere. It turned out to be a split in the turbo outlet pipe of which the split was on the inside of a 90 degree bend and was extremely differcult to see with the naked eye.

Another one is underneath the inlet manifold... There is a 1/4" ID pipe. Mine had a split in around 280degrees of it for nearly a year before i discovered it... Its really well hidden!

Rich

Hi thanks for all the help, the cars sorted now found it to be one of the intercooler pipes had come off luckly! Sorted Thanks