air intake manifold, actuator and flap

Thanks already changed the actuator over a year ago it was just the part about the manifold seals leaking that got me wondering as my car has a sort of hissing noise when it turned off. But spoke to another BRD engine owner and it seems this noise is normal and between us we've decided the best description for the sound is a Darth Vader deep breath!

Edit...
My engine runs sweet as a nut but this just had me a little worried for a while and I wanted to check to put my mind at rest

Reactions: soldier4313 and carlcall
Also if you can't get one at TPS just go to Audi with the part number.
Hi carlcall I tried Audi tday with emails of images and diagrams sent back n forth an a few foned calls and all they kept telling me was that it comes complete with inlet manifold at around £670, I explained that I found the info online (part and part number) but they wouldn't have it, and with all the reading I've been doin abt the actuator and all refs like, dpf, eml, egr, when I saw tps it just blew me away I was totally confused.com lol, so many thanks for the ino they got a base just around corner from me so I will try them in the wk and let you know how I get on, once again many thanks

@Frostie333 you can always do as @phil_w has said and go through Mike in the parts request section.

Don't forget to get new gaskets for when you put it all back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frostie333
The prices some people are willing to pay on eBay Phil makes me laugh when even stealers prices are cheaper

The prices some people are willing to pay on eBay Phil makes me laugh when even stealers prices are cheaper

Oh don't get me started, there's one ebayer that regularly sells second hand Audi parts for way over the price of genuine new part prices :rage::rage::rage:

Hi carlcall I tried Audi tday with emails of images and diagrams sent back n forth an a few foned calls and all they kept telling me was that it comes complete with inlet manifold at around £670, I explained that I found the info online (part and part number) but they wouldn't have it, and with all the reading I've been doin abt the actuator and all refs like, dpf, eml, egr, when I saw tps it just blew me away I was totally confused.com lol, so many thanks for the ino they got a base just around corner from me so I will try them in the wk and let you know how I get on, once again many thanks

Hi Guys, here we go, got the parts n fitted them Thurs (8th sept) car has been ruuning like a dream, much quicker and snappier feeling chuffed to bits with it...........until tnite been out in it an guess wot ?????, glow plug warning lite stgarted flashing agen, local mechanic reckons cud be motor/sensor on top of throttle body that fits to EGR, any ideas ???? i await in anticipation cus its doin my head in now lol mtia.....

Have you had a scan done with VCDS to see what faults are showing up?

Hi carlcall yes the mechanic done it cus he had to clear the eml, but I forgot wot is was but ill try n get in touch with him lata to see if he can remember wot it was, hav any idea wher I can get the software and leads for my laptop so I can do it myself ? Tia

Sounds like the anti-shudder valve for definite.....but I can't see if it's a replaceable motor or the whole unit.

I would get in touch with @mjr901 as he should be able to confirm the parts available.

Edit: Looks like a one piece unit.

19558/P3102/012546 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): No Signal
Possible Symptoms
  • Hard Shudder when turning OFF the Engine
Possible Causes
  • Fuse(s) faulty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty
  • Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Fuse(s)
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)
  • Check/Replace Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)
    • Perform Output Test