Air intake hose problem

Banana split

Reaction score
when I first got my car within 45 mins it broke and took straight back to Audi and the rubber hose that goes from the grill to the air box had fallen off and was blocking the airflow. I've had the car nearly 6 weeks properly and not had a problem since. I had been out this evening car was running like a dream, popped through Donald's drive through sat and ate my grub as I set off had practically no boost :sob: so took it easy home and straight away put into garage and popped the bonnet. First I was checking inter cooler hoses and the uprated mk hose and all was fine when I noticed this pathetic rubber hose had fallen down yet again and was restricting the air flow. So removed the hose and took for spin around the block and all is fine the boost is back, but wondering what to do regarding this piece of hose that clearly isn't up to the job.
Has anyone else had any issues ?

You're lucky you didn't face a traffic light challenge from a 1.2 Corsa .

Reactions: Banana split
It is flimsy. When I first read about the pipe collapse problem I thought it was that piece they were talking about, not the bit to the turbo. Mine has been fine so far Matt. I wonder if apr will do an uprated one to go with their twin spool turbo for the S1

I think a nice carbon one would look nice I make have to approach a few companies to get something made

Mine has been removed as APR said it restricts the air flow and just collapses anyways.
DTYME83

Last edited:
Can someone please show me a picture of this piece? I have no idea what you guys are talking about ahaha

c1addef2abac8629ee25b3af89a55e64.jpg

DTYME83

Yes APR removed mine

Reactions: Banana split and NoorJosef
Looks like mine is just going to stay in the garage. You would think it Bing a S the build quality would be better

Reactions: DTYME83
Looks like mine is just going to stay in the garage. You would think it Bing a S the build quality would be better

Don't get me started on build quality. What's up with yours @Banna split
DTYME83

Reactions: Banana split
Well for the top of the range in the A1 range and as its a S I would of expected the quality to be so much better than it is. I've had this hose fail twice in 6 weeks it feel as if Audi has just tried to save cost when building the cars. I think will be going for RS3 next tho as they look like a better build quality

id just shout at aidi for a new one , you might just have a faulty item

id just shout at aidi for a new one , you might just have a faulty item

They had already ordered me a new one the first time it came off so must be down to the quality of the material and design

Reactions: DTYME83