Air induction kit

jamey0512

Reaction score
Finally got my s3 yesterday, gets real hot, fast. This being my first performance car i was expecting it to be abit more, crazy. It needs a new induction kit, remap and exhaust asap! Can anybody help me find a induction kit please?

Finally got my s3 yesterday, gets real hot, fast. This being my first performance car i was expecting it to be abit more, crazy. It needs a new induction kit, remap and exhaust asap! Can anybody help me find a induction kit please?
if you check out Progressive Parts website, sure they have a REVO induction kit mate

Reactions: jamey0512
They just have the panel filter, thats all i could see anyways. After a cone like one

Is there any that actually filter well and don't flow a load of dust through ?

Hi,
I managed to install a R601 kit to mine. Fits snug but you can hear it. Most likely it picked up some power (but you can't really notice it).

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 105
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 16.03.29.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 16.03.29.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 85
Hi mate, when you say you can hear it do you mean you can hear a nice whoosh sound or it rattling around? Im surprised you dont keep the case off so you get maximum air flow?

Lol , its not rattling around. It's mounted in the sport of the oem box nicely secured.
When i say i hear it it's regarding turbo spool and induction noises. Up in the rpms you can definitely hear it :)
Removing the case would be a great fail as it will allow the intake to take in hot air from the engine bay. The closed design is for a reason and it's a functional one, proven on dynos.

Lol , its not rattling around. It's mounted in the sport of the oem box nicely secured.
When i say i hear it it's regarding turbo spool and induction noises. Up in the rpms you can definitely hear it :)
Removing the case would be a great fail as it will allow the intake to take in hot air from the engine bay. The closed design is for a reason and it's a functional one, proven on dynos.
Right ok that makes perfect sense. Brain fart from me there mate haha. Is there anything else you have planned for the car buddy? Think im gonna buy that induction kit right now haha

I plan on adding the upgraded silicon hose and the upgraded turbo inlet pipe as soon as they appear.
Forge Motorsports are working on those and have dynoed the car with stock airbox and just the 2 mentioned above changed with a gain of 14 hp.
I reckon that will the airbox too one can see a gain up to 20 hp but these are only my suppositions based on their numbers.
I'm trying to make it as fast as possible until a tune will be available. A real one, not piggybacks.

Could you provide me with a link to the induction kit if you dont mind. Is it off the old s3 but fits the new one kinda thing?

So far I’ve fitted a miltek cat back non res exhaust, looking getting the gpf and cat removed. Im getting a stage 1 by abt this week hopefully and i want the induction kit along with a upgraded intercooler.

Reactions: Dburns1990
I've actually bought the induction kit through a local dealer but i think that you are correct. Its the same one as before.
I've looked into milltek myself but i just can't bring myself to spend close to 2000 Euro on a exhaust (which is actually only the backbox because at that price its non res). I don't think its worth it for me and in my humble opinion the prices are getting ridiculous.
To be honest i think that you are rushing with the intercooler. ABT is not going to push you car to the limit of the oem intercooler efficiency but a real tune might.
I don't want to get rid of the GPF and cat. As much as i hate the gpf , coming from a diesel gtd ... i don't want the possible headaches that might come with the removal of those.

Yeah i managed to grab my exhaust for a bargain! Check progressive parts out for your gear. I got mine of a youtuber who handed his car back. £750 for the exhaust and £60 to fit! I understand what you mean by the headache but i wont have to deal with it because im planning to have the car 2/3 years, wont have to deal with any mots or anything. The S3 sounds so flat standard its a shame!

A0CA8977 A9DD 4B31 B6DB 90392B46ADCF
So this is your set up? £600 it is for the full kit. That about what you paid?

Ah , one thing you need to worry about is that there is a small vacuum line that goes into the intake and that should be moved to the new intake. The new location is meant to be on the actual filter. Problem is that the vacuum line is too short and will not reach you need to source a longer vacuum line.

Ah , one thing you need to worry about is that there is a small vacuum line that goes into the intake and that should be moved to the new intake. The new location is meant to be on the actual filter. Problem is that the vacuum line is too short and will not reach you need to source a longer vacuum line.
41228065 D652 4DD8 9B3A A78C31AB4AAF

Do you think this will do the trick?

Yeah but for the sake of "oem look" i would go for the black colored one.

View attachment 238985So this is your set up? £600 it is for the full kit. That about what you paid?

Racingline said there is a slight clearance issue on the R600 which they’re modifying the plastic air box shape to compensate for a new pipe not present on the 8V that is there on the 8Y.

It’s not been released as yet though.

ff21091995a33662c935b5a6300f1d18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamey0512