1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

air flow sensor cleaning question.

Just Rob. Oct 7, 2018

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

As in the title really chaps, is it viable and effective to clean the air flow sensor, mines not oily but most certainly dirty.
    any feedback would be great.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

I pulled the sensor from the housing and used carb cleaner on mine last year, its been fine since

Just Rob. likes this.
  4. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

Would of thought isopropyl alcohol would be best as it leaves no residue,no idea if carb cleaner leaves anything behind?

Just Rob. likes this.
  5. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Active Member

Electrical contact cleaner or brake will do the job also, make sure it’s a spray as you don’t want to be touching the element.

Just Rob. likes this.
  6. i3oricua

i3oricua Active Member Team Brill Red Audi A4 Saloon

They actually sell a MAF cleaner in a spray can. Should be able to find it the autoparts store. If not, you can use alcohol (not the gin or vodka type), put the sensor in a baggy and swish it around. Make sure it's completely dry before putting it back on.

Just Rob. likes this.
  7. Tdibooster

Tdibooster Member

Never use brake cleaner