air filter

Exactly, it's a massive rip off. They'd sell a lot more if they halved the price. I would have ordered one already for sure - instead I'm holding out to see if it's a worthwhile investment for a car I may only have another 6 months, plus now they have done it, I expect others will come up with a similar fairly priced product.
Take note Revo (and your resellers)! - I know you read these threads...

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Hear hear. I must admit I was pretty surprised that the Pipercross filter was only £36 on ebay. I will let you know if I hear back from Samco anyway.

Yea, it's a really good price. And it looks like they've been caught out with unexpectedly high demand - another reason revo need to reconsider their offering.
It's as if they've priced it to sell 5 a year to a very limited audience who have no other option, it's looks like the numbers will be 10x that and as I said before I have no doubt there will be alternatives along shortly as modding the S1 is proving so popular.

Just heard back from Samco. They said I have to contact Revo directly as they own the tooling rights apparently and the pipe is only sold as part of their kit. Worth a try though lol

Reactions: josedebardi
Not all bad, if you go on Samcosport uk website they have a section of race parts where they do universal hoses. If you get the diameter at either end of the air box to turbo pipe there may be one on there to fit, rather than waste £130 at Revo

Unfortunately Guys I`m governed by Revo and at the moment they are the only one selling these kits.. I can see where you guys are coming from dont get me wrong BUT I know they have seen some good results. I have an S1 in on monday for a Stage 1 Map soo really keen to see the results from this :)

At least you gave me free postage!!
Is the remap on the s1 having the air filter fitted?

Just changed the air filter for the new Pipercross one. Blimey that paper air filter that Audi fitted is thick. It must be over 2 inches deep. That can't help performance. Does sound a lot nicer now lol Might try and get to the AMD rolling road day on 26th April and see what it's putting out now.

Reactions: shakey_hand_man and josedebardi
thats not like the revo one , much prefere to pay extra for revo

thats not like the revo one , much prefere to pay extra for revo
I see in your signature that you have a REVO intake - can I ask how your finding it? It is worth the money, bearing in mind that my car is not mapped in any way. I just fancy the slightly improved sound and response it gives hopefully!

hi mate , to be honest with you it makes no difference what so ever , if there is a noise or performance change its in the owners head !!
i ve been messing with cars long enough to know things like this are aimed at people who have a tuning disease , which i have !!! lol
if your car was tuned to the max it might make engine breathing a bit easier but on standard or stage 1 map does nothing
put you money towards stage 1

"I have emailed Samcosport who supply the silicone pipe to Revo and asked if they would be willing to supply the pipe on its own I will let you know if I get a reply. Bit cheeky but I don't want to pay nearly a hundred quid on top of a performance filter for a piece of pipe"

I wouldn't hold you're breath!
Back in October 2015, I emailed Samco:
"I'm after an Intake Hose for my Audi S1 (2.0 TFSI).
I have seen the Revo Intake Kit (which contains a Samco hose) but am not really interested in fitting the Foam Panel Filter.
Can you supply just the hose?

Got a reply from Revo:
Thank you for your enquiry which has been forwarded to ourselves at Revo.
The Samco hose is our design for the S1 intake system and only supplied as part of our proven and tested Intake kit - http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/audi-s1-20tsi-intake
The kit is available from all Revo dealers, you can find your chosen dealer here - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator
Kind Regards
Steve Worthington
Sales UK & Europe