air filter

superplumb

Reaction score
hi everyone new s1 abt owner just wondering if anyone has tried itg or other replacement filter.really enjoying the car but coming from mini jcw it's all a bit quiet even in sport mode

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a complete air intake system which;
a) Maintains the factory cold air feed
b) Replaces the tubing with silicone (as the factory collapses under the extra suction even a stage 1 tune produces!)
c) Sounds a bit better (goes without saying!)

As yet, I'm yet to find one,

not thinking of any more power increases are you? How's the clutch holding up?

My main issue is the collapsing stock intake, it can't be good to suddenly starve the turbo like that!

Clutch is staying as is for now, not got any worse, but then I've not driven it much, and when I have it's been kind miles!

hi everyone new s1 abt owner just wondering if anyone has tried itg or other replacement filter.really enjoying the car but coming from mini jcw it's all a bit quiet even in sport mode
Did you buy the ABT S1 that Stafford Audi had?

No, it was a car I was considering for myself. However, it didn't have cruise control & powerfolding mirrors so that was the deal breaker. Stunning car though :)

You should get some pics up

No, it was a car I was considering for myself. However, it didn't have cruise control & powerfolding mirrors so that was the deal breaker. Stunning car though :)

You should get some pics up
yes would have liked a few more options but had most of what I wanted with the abt bits as a bonus.ideally would have liked sunroof.will put pictures on soon

Reactions: AlistairS
sorry missed your post and the stafford meet, would have been good with it being local as well

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Hi I have ABT tune up and wheels on my S1 was wondering how you were finding it. After josedebardi saying he had clutch problems with his remap I was wondering how many miles you had done and if you had any feedback. I have emailed Richter Sport to see if they can find out whether the Germans had found anything amiss.

Revo stage 2, kit is in development and will be released in the next month or so -this will include s1 induction.

I'm running revo stage 1, no issues with intake collapsing nor clutch slip

Reactions: AlistairS and Stuttgartrob
Ebay sale item 151619611392
Don't know how accurate this is but saw on eBay that Haz Motorsport are selling a pipercross panel filter for the s1.
Looked on the pipercross main site couldn't see it listed.
Anyone know?

Just spoke with pipercross today they now do a air filter for the s1 Part number pp1922.
They don't have them in stock as sold out but as stated you can get one on eBay for £35.99.
I'm going to get one.

Just spoke with pipercross today they now do a air filter for the s1 Part number pp1922.
They don't have them in stock as sold out but as stated you can get one on eBay for £35.99.
I'm going to get one.

Anything else planned ?

Anything else planned ?
Hi mate do you mean pipercross or me?
I was pretty adamant that I wasn't going to mod car but already bought a quattro metal gear lever and the pipercross air filter.
Think I will eventually get a remap and will probably go with a revo technik map, can get one done for under £400. Think I will hold off as I know a few members have unfortunately had some problems with clutch slip.

I'm going to get one.
Yeah I just ordered me one of those lol

Just ordered one myself. Getting Revo Stage 1 at the start of April so will ask to have this fitted at that time

Alistair
can I be cheeky and ask how much your paying for the revo??

With the group buy its 35% off. So £389.35 +Vat. Put down a deposit this afternoon.

How can you get one done for under £400?

Just ordered one myself. Getting Revo Stage 1 at the start of April so will ask to have this fitted at that time
This should be good, that will make three different types of remap on here. Will be interesting to see how it performs

Sounds good.
I forgot about the vat!
Exactly the same price where you getting yours done at.
Will you keep the forum updated when installed with your review, thanks?

Autotec, Glasgow. Can't make the RR day due to work commitments. No probs will put something up when I get it done :)

Just had the following from the ebay seller:

Hi There
Thank you for Purchasing the Audi S1 Air filter unfortunately us and pipercross as a company has been overwhelmed with this part number and the majority of the filters have been sent to Pipercross **** (Japan/China). The good news is that Haz Motorsport will be receiving the first batch produced for the UK as we have 11 on back order. We have been told to inform our customer around 5 working days. You are also entitled to a full refund but we hope you are ok waiting for the filter. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards
Haz Motorsport

I take it we are all in the same situation - those who have ordered?

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Just had the following from the ebay seller:

I take it we are all in the same situation - those who have ordered?
Yeah same here lol. They shouldn't really have put they had them in stock but I suppose as long as it's only a week.

Yeah, only an estimate. I am tempted to cancel. I see they are still listing them

Yeah and me but it's only a week or less, when I spoke to pipercross yesterday they said that they were in process of sending a consignment out to dealer's.

Fair enough. Just want to be sure I have it before I get the map done

APR do a carbon intake fits the MK7 GTI And s3 so would fit the s1 but it comes with a nice price tag:3sadwalk:

That's good got an email from hazmotorsport saying the air filter has been posted out yesterday

Revo have just launched an Intake for the S1..

I have just ordered stock in ready for delivery early next week, If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

01522 717100

Regards

Pat

That's good got an email from hazmotorsport saying the air filter has been posted out yesterday
Not heard anything myself yet. Tempted by the Revo intake system. Have emailed them & asked for order to be cancelled if it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Last edited:
I assumed they would have ordered enough to cover the back orders. The revo kit looks good but it seems a lot of money for essentially an air filter and a pipe

I assumed they would have ordered enough to cover the back orders. The revo kit looks good but it seems a lot of money for essentially an air filter and a pipe

+1
The revo should be £70. But as no one else has a competing product they will charge what they want.

I have emailed Samcosport who supply the silicone pipe to Revo and asked if they would be willing to supply the pipe on its own I will let you know if I get a reply. Bit cheeky but I don't want to pay nearly a hundred quid on top of a performance filter for a piece of pipe