Air filter OEM or replacement?

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
I'm planning on an egr deletion and remap once my year warranty is up and wanted to also change the air filter before or at the same time.

Two part question:
- Is it worth changing the filter before the remap?
- Which filter would you recommend, if any?

Some say stock is fine, other say to change and good brands are Pipercross,K&N, APR.

Cheers.

Think I'm going to go with the Piperx filter purely because of the complaints I've read about with the K&N in terms of oil clogging.

Should I do it before or after my remap?

I have and itg pro filter and put it in after remap as didnt have in stock when remapped. Get it in before reMap.

Personally I don't think you will get any advantage with a high flow air filter as the standard one is very good as it is. It's a Leon but the concept is the same, the standard air filter is pretty large and flows more than enough air with no issues.
Still running a standard air filter on mine.

Reactions: scotty76
Cheers for the video Karl.
Also found this one: (Sounds nice and beefy afterwards)

My plan was to:
- Change filter
- Egr deletion and remap
DPF removal was also initially included but I hear it's not not legal anymore so i'll skip that.

So you wouldn't advice changing the filter?
Also are there any drawbacks/side effects to the mufflerectomy? (My cars's in my sig if you need to know)

Cheers buddy

To save starting a new thread, has anyone in their S4 changed the OEM filter to a k&n of piper cross after market??

Noticed any difference?
Go itg lad much better. Auto-tune stock them.

Reactions: Boydie
Go itg lad much better. Auto-tune stock them.
Have you noticed any notable difference once changed over? Or have you had a dyno before and after?

I'd still stick with the Piperx, seems to be the best selling one on this forum as far as I could see.

Cheers for the video Karl.
So you wouldn't advice changing the filter?
Also are there any drawbacks/side effects to the mufflerectomy? (My cars's in my sig if you need to know)
Cheers buddy

Checked out about mufflerectomy a bit more and I think it'll just be a bit too loud on the motorway for me. The TDI engine is noisy enough for me. Heard it doesn't help so much with fuel economy either...
So potentially two things I can strike off my list of to do: mufflerectomy and filter.

Have you noticed any notable difference once changed over? Or have you had a dyno before and after?

I'd still stick with the Piperx, seems to be the best selling one on this forum as far as I could see.

Haven't had on rollers as tuner only has 2wd Dyno and my car quattro. I put itg in few weeks after remap and noticed different sound.