Air filter for my b9 s4

SMI77

Australia
Apologies for being a tad off topic but no sign of any critters having munched these leaves:

Ahhh, different continent, different leaves and probably different critters ;-)

Remind me to check for munched leaves in my filter box before the trip we are making over Easter...

As you requested - this your reminder, although still some time before Easter for the air box to become full of leaves, again.
I take it you removed the leaves etc. before closing the air-box ;-)

cuke2u

Ahhh, different continent, different leaves and probably different critters ;-)

As you requested - this your reminder, although still some time before Easter for the air box to become full of leaves, again.
I take it you removed the leaves etc. before closing the air-box ;-)
Of course, must have amused the neighbours with the sight of me vacuuming the engine bay...

SMI77

Australia
Of course, must have amused the neighbours with the sight of me vacuuming the engine bay...
Vacuum the wagon regularly, including the engine bay for leaves, bugs etc. one can't get to, particularly below the windscreen.

cuke2u

Having said that once had a cat sleeping in the engine compartment of my A3, it puzzled me why there was curly hairs on the felt battery wrapping. Thought that maybe I'd had a run in with Stormy Daniel's.. ;-)

SMI77

Australia
Remind me to check for munched leaves in my filter box before the trip we are making over Easter. Also make sure there isn't something actually munching them ;-)
Do it, now!!!

SMI77

Australia
Not sure if this is an Audi Aust. thing to either keep the filter warm during winter, or this is for dust control, but do UK Audi's have this 'covering"?

Attachments

• Audi OEM air filter Apr 19.jpg
    Audi OEM air filter Apr 19.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 98
S

SwordfishCoupe

Yes mate, the same as my car. They get a little cotton wool jacket to keep them warm and cosy!

cuke2u

Mine hasn't got one in the UK...
It's there to prevent snow ingress..

JonChalk

2 things (bit of thread resurrection, sorry);

1. K&N was down to £70 on Amazon the other day, so finally bought one & will be fitting later.

2. My UK S5 came with the foam sock on it, but won't be staying for K&N (obvs).

SMI77

Australia
No need at all to apologize for using commonsense.