Air filter and intercooler

S3RTB

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to get an intercooler for S3 probably going to go for the Airtec as that's what most people are saying to get. Does anyone know a good place to get one from? Also wondering what air filter to get if any of you have got any suggestions? What's the thoughts on panel or cone filters?

Cheers

No need unless you are going to stage 2 tune and beyond. Just renew the paper filter every year.

No need unless you are going to stage 2 tune and beyond. Just renew the paper filter every year.

Good advice.

The gains from a proper intake system increase as you increase boost and airflow demands,and at Stg1,it's a very small gain.

Same applies to the intercooler.....it's good even for Stg2+,although there is a benefit in uprating it at that level.
AMDTuning and lots of others can supply those,or the Wagner intercooler.
ProAlloy is probably still the biggest,and at a reasonable price.

Cheers gents. I have a BCS power valve exhaust on my car and will be getting stage 2 remap as well once I've got an intercooler and filter fitted

Cheers gents. I have a BCS power valve exhaust on my car and will be getting stage 2 remap as well once I've got an intercooler and filter fitted

In which case a decent CAI would be far more useful to you than an uprated intercooler.