Air con

Its the button that looks like a snowflake :yes:

S3 and economy button...three words I never thought would be in the same sentence ..lol

Im confused, we dont have a snowflake button on our 2000 S3 and neither does a mate either but we do have ECON buttons.

I only found this out yesterday. Wondered why the AC pump was running and the fans were spinning. Drove the car for two weeks not realising we had AC on 24/7 lol.

Makes a big difference with the ECON mode though, i turn it off ECON mode for a little while if its really hot so the car cools down, then just put it back on again to keep ti set.

lol the ECON means environment conditioning, its linked to the air con if you have it, you tell tell by popping the bonnet and looking at the air con filter looks like a canister with a hose.

So do all S3's have climate control as standard then ?

And what about dual zone climate control ? Is that on the S3 or is it just standard climate control ?

lol the ECON means environment conditioning, its linked to the air con if you have it, you tell tell by popping the bonnet and looking at the air con filter looks like a canister with a hose.

Read the S3 manual mate. "ECON" stands for economy and when its pressed it turns off the air conditioning compressor, therefore aircon off.

All S3s came with standard climate control.