Air Con

domburg

Reaction score
hey

I noticed yesterday when my air-con isnt blowing cold air as it should, its just kinda cool/warm, does this mean it needs to be 're-gassed' or am i looking at a more serious problem??

thanks in advance

dom

might be a silly reply but have you made sure the 'econ' button is turned off?

lol that is prob somthing i would do..., my climate control is the older type and doesnt have the 'econ' button as its a 1999 s3 (i have noticed the econ button in my mates facelift s3 but his climate control panel is different) however the compressor symbol was clearly on and you can hear it working, just no cold air :uhm:

cheers for the reply tho dude

dom

If its never had a regas yet i would say that is your best bet then matey

if you go to a good independant shoudl be a bit less, i paid around £60 last year for a re-gas.

it doesnt take a dealer garage, all they do is take two caps off, plug a machine in (which are all the same) and it does the rest.

I know someone who set their own company up just doing this on a mobile basis, easy peasy once you have the machine (which was expensive).

Make sure they put a dye in it first though, that way if you do have a leak they can find it with a UV light.

Hope that helps.

Kwik fit are offering a regass for £42 at the one in Oxford. Don't known if it's a country wide thing...

Cheers,

Thats what was happening to my car hot air when i had my AC on, i got it re-gased on the weekend and it has done the trick now i get ice cold air! It took about half an hour all they did was plug two hoses on, one to get the gas out the other put the gas back in and the machine done the rest.

One thing to check, as mines currently broken and its not a lack of gas (at least what someone told me) when you start the ignition or air con there should be a "click" type sound coming from the engine bay. I don't get this sound which i'm told meens that a piston or something might have ceased up since there did appear to be gas using the high tech method of pressing a screwdriver against the valve!
I need to get mine looked at further and fixed myself especially as its getting hot again!