Air con system not Air con Ait

Just_Jack

Reaction score
Hi,

In the 33 degree heat over the weekend I figured I would try out the air con on my 2003 Audi A4 sport

The system is not blowing cold air!

I have checked the following:
1.the Econ button turns on and off as it should
2.the pulley at the front of the air con pump is complete with no missing parts
3.there is gas in the system
4.the air con pump had been replaced in 2016 with receipts to show this
5.there is gas in the system and it is at the correct level
6.all fuses relating to the air con system are okay

As hard as i know it is to diagnose a fault through the internet I'm trying to piece together if I need to buy a new air con pump and have the system emptied new pump fitted and refilled before I go any further, I believe there is a high pressure switch in the system somewhere which has been mentioned in other threads, does anyone have a picture or a location of this switch for me to order a replacement? Would a failed switch not blow the fuse? Fuse is labeled as high pressure air con switch, with a few other things running through it

Any help would be appreciated!

IIRC if the high pressure switch has failed you should have a fault code logged in the ECU, so getting it read for codes would be my first step.
This shows where the high pressure switch is located..

IIRC if the high pressure switch has failed you should have a fault code logged in the ECU, so getting it read for codes would be my first step.
This shows where the high pressure switch is located..

Thanks for this! I will check to see if my air quality sensor is fried and order a high pressure sensor if needs be as well!

Will read the codes on the car once I am home :)

Don't forget the youtube video is of a left hand drive car so expect things to be on the opposite side.

Don't forget the youtube video is of a left hand drive car so expect things to be on the opposite side.

Yep, noted, also gives me a chance to see how good the "full service history" is with this car, cabin filter had been "changed" 200 miles ago apparently! Let's play the how much did they lie game!

Reactions: pauldazzle
Update!
Had a look around tonight, I found the box which my cabin filter fits into, couldn't find any air quality sensor at all, I removed the box and still couldn't find anything!
Did a scan on VCDS and it came back with a high pressure sensor fault, voltage to low, I cleared all the faults to see what would work and what would come back, none of the faults came back including the high pressure sensor one!

My air con still doesn't blow cold, am I looking at replacing the high pressure sensor on the air con as it has been a fault in the past?

When I first got the car I couldn't turn off Econ mode, after covering around 20 miles and a couple of engine off and back on's I then could? Would everything still point at the pressure switch?